OMS BCA-298 Canister for FF210 PLB or similar canister

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divengolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for one of the following:

OMS BCA 298 canister (preferred)
McMurdo Dive Canister (gold)
Custom Divers FF200/210 Dive Canister

PM me if you'd like to sell one of these. US source preferred.

Not sure if you know about this, but if you go to the OMS site and look under closeouts you can still find the OMS BCA-298 The only issue is they have a $100 minimum purchase. Hope this helps.

Also, if you get the float for the FF210, it really won't fit easily into the OMS canister. Though you could squish it in there separately. Since the FF210 doesn't float, I decided the separately purchased float was a good idea.

fastfind_oms.jpg

Last edited:
Contact 350xfire at tlslights.com. He's had a similar canister fabled.

Not sure if you know about this, but if you go to the OMS site and look under closeouts you can still find the OMS BCA-298 The only issue is they have a $100 minimum purchase. Hope this helps.

Also, if you get the float for the FF210, it really won't fit easily into the OMS canister. Though you could squish it in there separately. Since the FF210 doesn't float, I decided the separately purchased float was a good idea.

Scubavideo:

I was aware of the web site, but OMS does not have any in stock and does not know when they will have a restock. Sounds like they are going to discontinue the item. I spoke with them directly and had my LDS, an OMS dealer, do the same. Same answer.

I fashioned my own float out of old wetsuit material so it fits and actually pads the FF210 in the canister.

Thanks for your ideas.

Scubavideo:

I was aware of the web site, but OMS does not have any in stock and does not know when they will have a restock. Sounds like they are going to discontinue the item. I spoke with them directly and had my LDS, an OMS dealer, do the same. Same answer.

I fashioned my own float out of old wetsuit material so it fits and actually pads the FF210 in the canister.

Thanks for your ideas.

Yea, I tried to order some yesterday and they sent me an email and cancelled it. That was where I picked mine up last year and thought they would update the closeout area once out of stock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom