The SB Dive Apps for Smart Phones Sticky

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cave Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
As smart phones become more common, I keep seeing more and more requests from people regarding their favorite apps. So I'm starting this thread to try and collect a list of favorite apps.

To keep this streamlined and easy to reference, lets try and follow some sort of template, maybe something along the lines of:

App Name
Platform (iPhone, droid, blackberry)
O/S version needed
Cost (if any)
Location to download from
Description of the app.

If you've developed an app feel free to list it here in the format above. Please do not post to this thread if you're looking for specific feedback on one. Off topic postings may be moved or deleted.

Baltic Deco Planner
for iPhone
OS needed: 3.0 or 4.0
Price: $16.99
baltic deco planner - iPhone deco planning app or Apple App Store
Brief Description: Great for technical diving or recreational planning. Can do everything v-planner does and more with a great user interface. Can calculate OC and CC rebreathers as well as all OC type dives. Uses VPM-B and Buhlmann ZHL16-B with gradient factors. Further, it can instantly plan for lost deco gas, gas needed to dive, instant changes based on plna parameter changes, calculate for altitude, time to fly, surface interval calculations, CNS and OTU number tracking, and all with graphical displays as well (cool feature that uses the orientation of the phone and the accelerometer). I have iDeco and vplanner and this is by far me most favorite, easy to use, and comprehensive dive planner app.

App: ScubaCalc
Platform: iPhone (iOS Devices)
OS Requirement: iOS 3.1.3 and later
Price: $1.99
Download: AppStore
Description:
ScubaCalc is a simple scuba diver's utility providing easy to use interfaces for common diving equations. Current version 1.1 contains 8 calculators in three categories below. Each calculator includes an information page with instructions for its use. Version 1.1 includes only imperial units. Version 2.0 will be released before the end of the year and includes the ability to switch between imperial and metric units. Additional calculators will be added to future releases. QuickTime demos are viewable here: ScubaCalc Demo Videos

Nitrox Tools
- Nitrox Best Mix
- Nitrox MOD
- Nitrox Equivalent Air Depth

Trimix Tools
- Trimix Best Mix
- Trimix MOD/Equivalent Narcotic Depth

Gas Management
- Minimum Ascent Pressure (aka Rock Bottom)
- RMV/SAC
- SPG Forecast

Last edited:
App Name: Mixer for PalmPilot
Platform: PalmOS devices, including Treo 650/700p/755p/Centro
O/S version needed: PalmOS V2-5
Cost: Free
Location to download from: Wittig home page

Description: Simple-to-use, general-purpose gas mix calculator, including the following functions:
  • Partial Pressure mixing of Nitrox, Heliox, Heliair or Trimix
  • Starting and Finishing mixes
  • Calculation of an ‘Ideal Mix’ based on ppO2 and EAD
  • Air topping of an existing mix
  • Programmable gas composition of storage banks
  • Metric and Imperial units
  • Calculation of gas volumes and cost estimates
  • Calculation of Heliair composition based upon oxygen content

App Name: NitroxBasic V1.6
Platform: PalmOS devices, including Treo 650/700p/755p/Centro
O/S version needed: PalmOS V2-5
Location to download from: Freeware Palm: NitroxBasic v1.6 (among others - most PalmOS download sites should have it)

Description: Program to calculate maximum Depth (MOD), air depth (EAD) for Nitrox dives. Also calculates tank blending of air and O2. Units in imperial or metric. A bit simpler to use and more self-explanatory than Mixer for Palm listed above.

Padi
Platform (Droid)
Android 2.1 or greater
Android Market
Lets you search for Padi dive shops in a given area, or uses your current location to find dive shops near you. Will give business information as well as a map and gps locations.

Platform Android Market
Cost $1.99
Nitrox mixing Calculator

Try this for figuring Nitrox Mixes. I use this and it saves me from going into the house to figure pressures on my desktop computer. I used it and it works fine. Check it out.:)

Nitrox Calculator

Gas Mixer
Android
$2.99
Android market or Gas Mixer for Android | AppBrain.com

A SCUBA gas mixing application. Computes required amounts of oxygen, helium, and top-up gas (air or custom) to mix nitrox and trimix. Partial pres or continuous blending, imperial or Metric. Also calculates MOD, EAD, END, and best mix. Imperial and metric units, ideal gas laws and Van der Waals.

V-Planner

Android: Marketplace - all versions
iPhone, iPad: Appstore - all versions
MS Mobile: up to 6.5

Description: V-Planner presents the VPM decompression model and includes both VPM-B and VPM-B/E model versions. The diver can specify any combination of nitrox or trimix, and as many deco gases as required. Planning methods include both OC and Closed Circuit Rebreather. It includes planning for bailouts with SCR and OC legs in a CCR plan. Includes details of ppO2, END, and gas consumptions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom