Anyone dove with whale sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same at the Sea of Cortez. It was just us.

Attachments

• 20100723_whale_sharks_01-139.jpg
    20100723_whale_sharks_01-139.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 37
  • ROCIO.jpg
    ROCIO.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 35
I did at Galapegos in June, 2008. Dive trip of a lifetime. I hope to go back someday but have so many other places I want to go still.
You must be an experienced diver with some cold water and current dives to even consider this or Cocos Island!

I dove with my first whale shark about three weeks ago at Sodwana Bay, South Africa.
We were about half way out to our planned dive site when the boat captain spotted the whale shark. We quickly donned fins and masks and spent several minutes swimming with the shark before finishing the trip out to the dive site for another spectacular dive.
The whale shark was an incredible and unexpected bonus.

Maldives for me too. August, South Ari Atoll, Mamigilli Outside dive site. It was an amazing experience.

I did in the Galapegos. It was an amazing experience! I'd like to go to Mozambique or somewhere else renowned for them to do it again.
Tell me about the Sea of Cortez trip? What month, where did you leave from. Are the whale sharks a frequent sighting there?

Last edited:
Galapagos in August, saw 18. Got a ton of great video.

Here is my best whaleshark encounter of the trip. Start the video, let is spool and scroll to the 2 minute 40 second mark.

[vimeo]6454478[/vimeo]

Great video, Ron! Must get back there...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom