Anyone interested in diving in Eastern Lake Erie - August 21st-22nd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Giving this a bump seeing as we are about a month away. Anyone interested?

The boat holds 15 divers comfortably and as of right now - there are 11 spots still open.

I had originally planned on filling the boat with a bunch of my regular dive buddies but the local economy has continued to tank so I've had a bunch of people back out (hence the 11 spots).

I just talked to the boat captain and we've reworked the numbers - cost of the charter will be $240 and that is for 4 dives on Saturday plus 2 dives on the Sunday. That won't include accommodations although if you are interested in accommodations then let me know and I'll direct you to either a local camp ground or motel (depending on your preference). It won't include lunch on the boat either but I will probably be taking a collection for anyone that is interested and I will still bring a cooler with sandwich meats and buns to make your own.

Can you provide a time line of when you will be leaving and returning from the dives?
If your just doing standard 2 tank dives on each day it opens the door for the Mrs. She gets sea sick and wont make it a full day on lake erie.
Can you only do one of the days?

Sigh, sure wish I had seen this announcement when it was first posted as it looks like a wonderful adventure. I've never had the opportunity to dive Lake Erie but it has been on my bucket list for many years. Unfortunately we have plans that weekend so alas we will not be able to join in.

Best wishes for everyone to make this trip happen, it certainly sounds like a wonderful weekend.

Can you provide a time line of when you will be leaving and returning from the dives?
If your just doing standard 2 tank dives on each day it opens the door for the Mrs. She gets sea sick and wont make it a full day on lake erie.
Can you only do one of the days?

Sorry for the slow response on this - work has been a little hectic as of late and my diving has suffered because of it.

I've made some changes which should answer your question and might make this more interested to others.

The new plan is to split the entire trip into 3 smaller segments that people can do all together or just 1 or 2 of the segments.

The schedule looks like this now:
Saturday am - dive the Dean Richmond and Indianna. Come in for lunch and air/gas fills (so you only need 2 tanks instead of the 4). Cost for this segment is $110
Saturday pm - dive the Boland and Betty Hedger (closer to shore so we can be back in time to go for dinner). Cost for this segment is $100.
Sunday am - dive the George Finney and Niagara. Cost for this segment is $110.

If people sign up for all 3 sections then I can probably work out a deal for lower costs depending on how full we can get the boat (max # is 15).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom