Drysuits without boots built in?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would only buy a drysuit with boots for various reasons:

- For shore dives, especially in rocky areas, boots make it much more pleasant getting in and out of the water
- If your feet get cold you can put an extra pair of socks on with drysuit boots
- Your feet don't get wet
- You have the boots attached to your drysuit meaning you can't lose one of them the night before a dive

The drysuit will still function "dry" though..?

I don't mind having to put on seperate booties. The drysuit is like new for $250.... (used 2x), but has no boots built in. For the $$ thought it might be a good deal.

Maybe that's why it was only used 2 times. :) Sriously though, if it doesn't even have waterproof socks and just ends at the ankles, then you have one more set of seals that can leak. Plus if you use it with regular booties, your feet will get cold when teh rest of you is still toasty.

I'm not sure what the costs are for replacement drysuit boots these days, but first check into the cost of adding boots to the suit, to give you an idea of what you might get into if you find that detached boots are not suitable for your diving. You can do it yourself or take it to your local dive shop.

Frankly, I've never heard of such a thing. Are you sure it's actually a drysuit and not a semi-dry? BIG difference.

Any drysuit I've ever seen (and being from Canada I can tell you I've seen too many to count) either have an attached boot or some type of attached sock (eg: crushed neoprene) that fits in a separate boot.

Personally, I'd stay away from it.... just my $0.02's worth.

~SubMariner~

The diver has had it for 4 yrs. Not like he tried it out and did not like it, and wants to sell it. But rather... stopped diving and has no use for it any longer.

It is the drysuit "shell" type from what the pictures look like. And there are ankel seals, neck, and wrist seals.

So... without the boots built in... would that make this a "SEMI" dry suit?

Originally posted by cybordolphin
It is the drysuit "shell" type from what the pictures look like. And there are ankel seals, neck, and wrist seals.

Make sure that it has inlet and exhaust valves or you will have to add them along with boots.

This could be a water ski or wind surfing shell suit... that's what it sounds like...

What brand is it and how old.... doesn't matter how many times it was used.... the seals can go bad without use in a year if improperly stored.

Mobby's makes a suit with out a boot. Yes the ankles provide two more seals that can leak, and your feet woudl get cold.

But to answer the question, its a shell suit without boots.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom