Maui shore dive recomendations for tomorrow?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dashark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone on island with some insight on a shore dive choice for tomorrow? The vis has been down a bit on the island sites I have noticed. Looking for the best spot(s) to do a couple of shore dives tomorrow. We are in wailea, but, don't mind driving....
Thanks in advance......

Danny

I had three great dives yesterday along the Wailea coast. Look for my Scubabus and say hey! I know where it will be best today. I'm leaving the house in ten minutes for the next undersea adventure...only 7 dives to go!!!

There are a lot of good sites along the Wailea coast, but many are over dove IMHO.

The best dives we found where the ones in the Marine Reserves, there harder to get to, don't have the facilities, but they don't allow any commercial activities.

We really liked Ahihi cove. I think it is more of an advaced dive just because of the location. The dive it self was not hard. Talk to a local shop for the best time to dive. We found the mornings where the best but that was in Feb. Drive south down Makena Rd until it turns into a cow path and keep driving. Then you will find a small parking lot made out of lava rock with a porta poddy. Hike down a long path to a small beach and have at it. Pack a lunch and relax on the beach after the dives. We did 2 75 minute dives there, and we saw maybe 3 other people the whole time.

Here is where we went in at
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=20.61....61473,-156.436788&spn=0.004619,0.008245&z=18

Thanks , Doug. Should have known you would respond.
We did Makena and Ulua. Had a great time. Never managed to find the caves, got caught up with a group of local turtles. Guess we have to do it again, oh well!
We will be on a boat dive tomorrow with Ed Robinson, but, are thinking of diving with you on Sat.
Mahalo.....

Danny

Right on Danny. Let me know. Sat at 9 works for me. Visibility is certainly improving over yesterday. I dove Ulua around noon and it was actually really nice. We ran into 2 turtles pretty close to shore. Did you happen to see my bus there? I left a little after 2.

We were gone by then. I did see a group of scooters at Makena around 9 or so. Was that you? I will PM you when I decide what I am doing.

Hey Danny! How did you like the pictures?? Great diving with you...you need to come back and we'll hit a few more cool sites I know of. Thanks for giving me a good reason to blow bubbles. Those huge Uluas we saw were very cool!

Got the photos. They were great. You got good video of the uluas than I did. Although the visual in my head from that experience beats them all. Thanks for making my wife feel so comfortable on the second day. It will help me get her out on shore dives in the future for sure.
When do you head to Kona?

Are you guys shore diving this week??? I am looking for a buddy, or group of buddies.

I'm diving almost every day this week. COnditions are pretty decent too. Yesterday was epic water! Where are you staying Sonic? Do you have any of your own gear? PM me if you want to know what I could possibly do for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom