Need Caribbean Help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tubbyka

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Wife and I are relatively new divers and she is tired of Cozumel. We're looking at Curacao, but she wants more options to consider. Here's some musts for us:

Would like to stay at an AI

Water clarity needs to be good for her comfort level. She loves the clarity of Cozumel!

We have 7-10 days to spend

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have a feeling I'll dive 4-5 days and she may only dive 1-2. She really wants to do a dolphin dive in the open water as well.

Thanks for the help!

For your first time going to Curacao - I would recommend the following:

1) rent a vehicle
2) Stay at the Marriott
3) do part of your dives with the on site operator
4) Do some other dives with the dive bus.
5) Check out other operators/lodging opportunities while there in the event you want to go back!

Send a PM to Curacao Sunshine (a member here) with any specific questions.

Have you considered Anthonys Key Resort in Roatan, Honduras?

AI excludes alcohol (food was good). Dive lockers by the boats. Most dives are 5-10 minutes from the dock.

Free dolphin show most days. For extra money: snorkel experience with dolphins and/or open water dive with dolphins.

Almost as convenient as a liveaboard with the comforts of dry land. Excellent place for beginner divers.

Snorkel boat for non-divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom