After Bonaire, where is the best place for shore diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dolesorchard

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I went to Bonaire this past fall and loved the freedom of shore diving. Where would you go next for great shore diving?

No other location really compares but you can shore dive on

Grand Cayman (Select locations)
Roatan (Select locations)
Curacao (many locations)
Maui (Select locations)

Don't know about the pacific rim!

have to agree with deputydan. curacao is great for shore diving, i recommend suzy and mark at dive bus.:D

I'm headed to Bonaire and Curacao for the first time this summer so I can't compare these place with them, but:

I have dove all of the Hawaiin island and would rank the Big Island as the best for shorediving.

On our trip to Chuuk we stopped on Guam and did a side trip to Saipan. Both have very good shorediving. They are just so far away.

Definitely Dahab on the Sinai peninsula. I'm not quite sure if you'll find a way to dive unguided as egyptians do want you to have a guide on every dive, but I find diving there more interesting than on Bonaire and it's all shore diving

The idea of shore diving to me is without a DM! So I would say Curacao, Saba, and Grand Cayman in that order! I would not go anywhere in the Middle East without being on a Live a board, just not that safe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom