what have you forgot to pack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I drove a few hours away and geared up to find that I forgot to bring any weight. It all turned out ok though, I just packed my weight pockets full of all the wrenches and sockets I could find in my car. Then I zipped up the pockets and you could never tell the difference!

My buddy wanted me to take my trailer hitch as a drop weight...

Forgot my gloves and hood for a dive this summer, but my house was only 15 minutes away, so I was able to get them quickly.

I've forgotten a towel a few times which isn't a big deal but is nice to have at the end of the dive.

Early in my dive carear I managed to forgetr my (new) wetsuit! Fortunately I was Able to rent one. More recently I forgot to pack my DIN to A-clamp adapter,luckily the Dive Shop manager lent me hisfor the weekend.

I didn't forget to pack it for my trip. I forgot to clip it to my BC. My camera was neutral, and floated away before I realized it. Expensive and not environmentally friendly.

Happy Diving

It was not on a dive vacation, but the only time I forgot anything was one my Rescue Class check-out dives. I forgot my booties. I had to wear my husbands when I was "rescuing" the instructor from 40'. My feet hated me! Now my husband and I check each other to make sure we didn't forget anything.

got all the way to my car, gear in the back, down the street...without my fins...

luckily wasnt too far so i did a 180 and got em..had a great dive that day too

So far I think I've only ever forgotten weights. Luckily, I was helping an OW class and the instructor has a habbit of brining about 30lbs of extra weights for the students. Then again, I did forget my bathing suit when I was helping with a class in the pool, but I was comfortable enough wearing JUST my shorty

Cert card - before cert records were computerised and made available online....

I've seen a lot of people forgetting the MOST OBVIOUS things for their trips (mask, dry/wetsuit, tank for local dives). It's probably because we make titanic efforts to not forget any of the little important things and somehow, the big things slip our minds.

The only thing I have forgotten is towels. Especially if your car is cloth interior and it is pouring rain that day. Sucks getting into a car cold and the cars heater is not warm up yet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom