Vest, inside or out?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wader

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
If you wear a vest in combination with full sit, do you usually wear it on the inside or outside of the full suit??

Also, should that be a consideration when buying one for sizes???

I wear one on the inside of my full suit.

I wouldn't worry too much about the consideration of a vest under a full suit when you are doing the sizing. Neoprene stretches. You can stretch it over your vest. If you were to size it to consider a vest, it may be too loose for use without the vest.

Regardless, a vest may add 1/2", not a lot.

If you wear a vest in combination with full sit, do you usually wear it on the inside or outside of the full suit??

Also, should that be a consideration when buying one for sizes???

I too wear mine under my suit.

Considerations:

1) How heavy is the suit you'll be wearing it under? The thinner the suit, the thinner the vest. For example: I wear a 1mm zippered vest or lined Aeroskin under my full 3mm suit.

2) Fit/flexibility. You have to be able to breathe & move around with it on, esp under the suit. Also, it should be a low enough profile so it doesn't ride up or fold over when you put on your suit over top.

Bonne chance,

You should never be able to wear anything under your full suit if it fit you properly. You should always layer on the outside.

Inside. The full suit moves and stretches partly because of the arms moving and stretching the back and chest parts of the suit. I get those cold rushed down the back of mine. Putting the tight vest (with hood) under keeps my core, neck and head warmer.

note: I mostly free dive spearfish so I move around a lot more than on an average scuba dive.

Another vote for inside.......In order to fit on the outside it would be too big to use by itself. Every garment should be able to be used by itself.

I vote for the outside, I have a custom made wetsuit with a hooded vest and it fits on the outside.

I always wear my underwear on the inside, but Superheros do it the other way around. Are you a Superhero?

Attachments

• superman.jpg
    superman.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 176
If your full suit doesn't fit well and snug to seal around the neck like my 7mm didn't, then you my benifit from wearing the hooded vest outside. It helped keep water out for me. Do what ever keeps that rush out. I got tired of being cold so I dive dry now. It's feels like cheating sometimes especially when I get out.

Back
Top Bottom