Best Scuba Places for Next Cruise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laurie S.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just got back a few days ago from a Western Caribbean cruise, where I dove at Costa Maya, Roatan, and Grand Cayman. I enjoyed every place, but liked Costa Maya the best.

Over Thanksgiving this year, I'm taking my next cruise and would like to dive at three ports again. The places we're going to are Barbados, St. Maartens, St. Thomas, St. Lucia, Martinique, and Half Moon Cay. It looks like St. Lucia should be one of my choices. What about the other ports, which would you recommend for scuba? I figure it's never too late to start planning! :cool2:

St. Maarten have a cool shark awareness dive with dive safaris in simpson bay. Otherwise quite mediocre in my experience. At least on the dutch side.
St. Lucia has always been good diving whenever I've been.
St. Thomas apparently has some world class diving right outside the harbour, though I've never done it. Given there's nothing else to do there it's probably a good bet.
Is there even any diving at half moon cay? If there were it would be protected but I think it's just sand.

It looks like I'll be diving at St. Lucia, Martinique, and St. Thomas. I've read recently that there scuba diving is being offered at Half Moon Cay, but can't find anything definite on it. I'll play tourist at St. Maartens. :wink:

As an ex cruise ship engineer I would like to point out that this article is almost entirely propoganda. This isn't the thread to discuss though.

I'd be interested to hear how the diving is in Martinique, though will have long forgotten about this thread by the time you get back!

Dave 1981 is correctSt Thomas is the best place to dive, we have world class wreck sites that are fairly unknown. And I must say we are the best dive shop on the island for diving the least visited sites. We pick up at the cruise ship dock and return you there on time, every time. Don't just take my word for it, look us up on other travel review sites. we are also happy to honor dive site requests as long as mother nature cooperates, so check out our dive sites too.

Blue Island Divers
St Thomas

I dove with Blue Island divers (St. Thomas) in November of 2009. They were great and friendly. I would definitely recommend them again and may see them again in December of this year.

I too was on a cruise and the walk to the dive shop is a bit cumbersome (about 2 blocks) and we brought all our own gear (except tanks), however the boat is right in front of the shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom