Mares Reg Service in the Netherlands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blues

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My regulator (Abyss 2006) needs an overhaul before I leave for vacation in June and I need advice for a service centre in Netherlands. I live in Rotterdam and I'd appreciate fellow divers' experience with any service centre in the area. An authorized centre would be great but anyway my octo is Aqualung and therefore I don't mind.
I already checked Mares website. There are several centres which seem also to have mares lab certificate but I'd appreciate any real life exprerience.
Is there a service centre that anyone would suggest?
Thanks in advance.
Alper

Since you live in Rotterdam,you can check out SubLub.
AFAIK they are Mares dealer

El Orans thank you, too. Apparently the Dutch diving community is really alive :wink:
I just called SubLub and will take my reg to them tomorrow:) I like getting prepared for vacation :D

El Orans thank you, too. Apparently the Dutch diving community is really alive :wink:
I just called SubLub and will take my reg to them tomorrow:) I like getting prepared for vacation :D

Uh-oh - getting your reg serviced just before a vacation always seems the best way to start your vacation with a faulty reg. Dive shops seem to break regs more efficiently than wear and tear ever does...

Just make sure you do a couple of dives between servicing and leaving for vacation.

I'm back from vacation. Barry thanks for the warning and sadly, you were right : ( Apparently the transmitter was flooded, the reg is OK though. I was afraid of a failure due to the service but I did not have much time to test it before I left. Anyway, now we'll see how the LDS will handle it.

Last edited:
Finally, today I've received a call form SubLub that Suunto replaces my transmitter due to the maintenance failure.
So, bad things happen but I hope this will end happy.

Back
Top Bottom