Day trip to Coz to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

traciedee

Contributor
Reaction score
Will be staying on Xpuha beach, but would like to do a day trip to Cozumel to dive. Would appreciate any suggestions on who to use. Would prefer someone who will pick us up at the ferry dock and somewhere where we can store our gear afterwards so we can explore a bit before heading back.

Thanks

I use Blue Angel when I dive Cozumel. Here's a tip for you concerning the ferry, there are two independent operators who service Playa and Cozumel. Instead of a roundtrip pass on one operator, buy a one-way pass when you want to leave Playa and a one-way pass right before you want to return. I think it will cost you $2 or $3 more, but the added flexibility is worth every penny.

Ednedfred---------good thought since the ferries alternate times, however it is not "$2 or $3 more"..........it's the same buying two one ways as buying a round trip.

Betsy

I'd give Joyce at Diving in Cozumel - Blue Magic Scuba a call. Her email is joyce@bluemagicscuba.com. She could pick you up at the ferry and arrange for your diving that day and, i think, store your gear for you. Her shop is located two blocks from the ferry pier. I've been diving twice with Blue Magic Scuba this year and their folks are terrific. I'm going back in July for my third trip this year with them. Pumba, Sandro and Gabriel, Blue Magic's divemasters and instructor can't be beat.

Not sure who will pick you up from the Ferry dock, but Aqua Safari's dock is about a block south of the ferry dock and I believe that Aldora uses that dock as well. There shops are close to the dock and would most likely store your gear there.

I know when I dove with Aldora, I'd leave the gear on the boat and found it cleaned at the end of the trip in their shop ready to go.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will check them all out. Dive with Martin interests me as the dive gear is included with the dive and great email response. I'm thinking renting gear for one day would be a heck of a lot easier than hauling it from Xpuha for 2 dives. I really want to explore the island a bit after diving and it would solve the what to do with my dive gear problem as well.

Any suggestions on a driver for a tour of the wildside bars? Don't really want to rent a car, if we will be having a couple of drinks after diving.

Any suggestions on a driver for a tour of the wildside bars? Don't really want to rent a car, if we will be having a couple of drinks after diving.

Yes, I do, especially if you have a largish group. His name is Rogelio (ro HAY lee oh) Xochihua (I have no idea), and he drives cab #274, which is a van that comfortably seats nine passengers. He is a very nice young man with excellent English. He is supporting a very young child and a wife with MS (though he is very upbeat and won't volunteer that information unless you question him about his personal life, which my mom is wont to do). He drove my group of 9 around the island, stopping at Mescalito's, Coconuts, Chen Rio (for lunch), Playa Bonita, El Mirador, Paradise Cafe, and that big cieba (ceiba?) tree on the south end. He drove the scenic "old road" right along the water up the west coast back to our hotel. We stayed as long as we wanted to at every stop; we never felt rushed. He was very unobtrusive; we really had to twist his arm to get him to join us for lunch at Chen Rio.

We also called him to take us to dinner in town several times. One night it was his night off, so he sent a friend of his in that big taxi to take us; never did he play the "soak the gringos" game that so many of the Cozumel cabbies play.

So, anyway, I highly recommend him. You can call the cab company and request cab #274, or you can call his cell phone: (987) 113 7774. Tell him I sent you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom