Alternatives to Dressel (Iberostar Lindo)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bugsy700

Registered
Reaction score
I will be staying at Iberostar Lindo for 7 nights in June 2009. If anyone has been recently how has the H1N1 scare affected diving prices and overall resort operations. Secondly, I read mixed review on Dressel (on-site dive operators). I am thinking about trying an off-site operator and was wondering if any pickup/drop off at the resort. I dont want to involve taxies or rental cars.

Thanks in advance.

I used Dive House and they were great. They will pick you up at the pier.
They are based at Fiesta Americana - not far from Iberostar.
Have a nice trip!

Same. Had a great time with them.

You're staying off the Federal Highway about halfway between Puerto Morelos & Playa del Carmen. You should book diving in one of those towns if you don't want to use the hotel op. I doubt that an independent operator will pick up at that location, but I've been wrong before!

Hiya Bugsy, thanks for the email and I hope we can get together and get some dives in. Look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Hi, I was staying at one of the Iberostar properties north of Playa del Carmen for a friend's wedding. This was back in Feb 04 and this was what inspired my OW course and got me into diving. There are 3 or so Iberostar hotels next to each other. Lindo was one of them.

I opted not to dive with Dressel as they were expensive and had mixed reviews. Plus they didn't give full refunds for multi-day packages if cancelled for weather. i think you got credit for use with them in the future.

It was really windy and there was no diving from the mainland the first couple of days. I ended up going over to Cozumel for my first 'real' dives.

I took the resort shuttle into town a couple of days. However, I had to take a taxi a couple of days because the first bus wouldn't have gotten me to the dive shop in time. The shops couldn't do pick ups at the resort. I seem to recall there were fixed taxi fees from resort to town -- US$20 or there abouts.

A bit out of date, but hope that helps.

If you plan on diving with the same Operation all week you can take your gear into Playa and leave it at the dive shop. Just grab a collectivo into Playa everyday. I think it is 15-20 pecos (depending on the driver) from the IB complex into town.
Tip correctly at the dive shop and you might find everything set up fo you in the morning.

I cannot recommend strongly enough not to use Dressel Divers. Dove with them once in Cozumel and once in Playa. You go on vacation to relax, even if it is a bit more of a hassle, you'll have a much more pleasurable dive using local dive opts or even another hotel opt than Dressel.

We were at Iberostar last year and dove with Del Mar Aquatics (across from Casa del Mar)
They would pick us up daily and we had a great time diving with them (as we always do)

We are going in July and renting a house and they will be picking us up from the dock there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom