Reeflex Fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadude729

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello, I'm new to scuba, and just got some of my basic personal gear. When I went to get fins, they didn't have much my size, and they ended up selling me a pair of Sea Style Reeflex Fins. I can't find much information about these fins. Has anyone used them, or heard anything about them?

Thanks.

How appropo. We were just working on post for my manufacturer's site about battens, rubber bands and winglets. What is best about the Reeflex fin are the convex ribs along the side. You are very lucky to have found these fins. There are not many around anymore. I have a mint pair that was given to me.

Hello, I'm new to scuba, and just got some of my basic personal gear. When I went to get fins, they didn't have much my size, and they ended up selling me a pair of Sea Style Reeflex Fins. I can't find much information about these fins. Has anyone used them, or heard anything about them?

Thanks.

Did you say you bought them new? As far as I can tell, they stopped making them about 10 years ago.
The only info I found is probably info you found
There was only 1 website, and 2 ebay auctions.
The auctions:(I know you are not looking to buy more, just for info purposes)

WENOKA SEA STYLE REEFLEX SCUBA/SNORKEL FINS - S (38-40) - eBay (item 280322373198 end time May-11-09 20:23:44 PDT)

Wenoka Sea Style # 27861 Reeflex Diving Fins Sz L 43-44 - eBay (item 350176983777 end time May-01-09 12:32:55 PDT)

There was also one webpage with product info:
http://www.4dphotoimagery.com/BigFin.html

The fins in one of the auctions is about 15 years old....they grow up so fast..:wink:
Not too much info, but it's something.

Did you say you bought them new? As far as I can tell, they stopped making them about 10 years ago.
The only info I found is probably info you found
There was only 1 website, and 2 ebay auctions.
The auctions:(I know you are not looking to buy more, just for info purposes)

WENOKA SEA STYLE REEFLEX SCUBA/SNORKEL FINS - S (38-40) - eBay (item 280322373198 end time May-11-09 20:23:44 PDT)

Wenoka Sea Style # 27861 Reeflex Diving Fins Sz L 43-44 - eBay (item 350176983777 end time May-01-09 12:32:55 PDT)

There was also one webpage with product info:
http://www.4dphotoimagery.com/BigFin.html

The fins in one of the auctions is about 15 years old....they grow up so fast..:wink:
Not too much info, but it's something.

No they were not new. They seem slightly used, small scuffs, almost looks new. The price of the one auction though is a little discomforting, I paid $80 for mine, pretty big difference.

How appropo. We were just working on post for my manufacturer's site about battens, rubber bands and winglets. What is best about the Reeflex fin are the convex ribs along the side. You are very lucky to have found these fins. There are not many around anymore. I have a mint pair that was given to me.

Good to know, do these hold up pretty well compared to other fins? Would it be worth the extra money for something like Jet Fins, or should these suit me fine for a while?

Decided to thrown in some photos of them.

STA_0286.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

hello scubadude729!

greetings from palawan, philippines. frankly i joined this community when I came acrossed your post about wenoka seastyle reeflex fins. i got one which i bought new sometime in the year 1989! i use the same set of fins since then till this time. believe me it is worth my money.! the convex ribs on the side i appreciate most making it easier to maneuver your fins with less drag.! the power battens, especially when all 3 are inserted, can propel you like jet. the straps and it's easy adjustment and installation features are also winners.

hello scubadude729!

greetings from palawan, philippines. frankly i joined this community when I came acrossed your post about wenoka seastyle reeflex fins. i got one which i bought new sometime in the year 1989! i use the same set of fins since then till this time. believe me it is worth my money.! the convex ribs on the side i appreciate most making it easier to maneuver your fins with less drag.! the power battens, especially when all 3 are inserted, can propel you like jet. the straps and it's easy adjustment and installation features are also winners.

These are still pretty awesome fins !
I usually modify any fins I buy and I have bought almost all good ones.
I haven't put the creative knife to these yet.
Maybe this summer!
I love the intuition of the manufacturer with the ability of adding the stiffening 'batons'.
rackk67 has obviously used them well !
Ric Barbie Sunset.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom