Hurricane damage on Turks & Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Underseaed

Reaction score
Does anyone have any knowledge of the extent of damage done to T&C this year by hurricanes? We are looking at Dec or Jan for a visit and it is one of our favorites. Thanx

Provo was not as badly damaged as Grand Turk, South Caicos and Salt Cay. That being said, all three dive ops on GT are gearing up for high season--cruise ship dock was not damaged in the least and they are expecting their first ships to arrive in early November. The Mantahouse and Osprey Hotel are open for business in GT. Oasis Divers, Grand Turk Divers and Blue Water Divers are gearing up for the season as well. If you have any questions--call Dale at Oasis, Smitty at Grand Turk Divers and Mitch at Blue Water and they can give you more info. I believe internet is up and running down there as well as Digicel and Cable and Wireless. As far as Provo dive ops--I heard they are all fine and most hotels had very little damage--the IGA was open the next day after Ike. Hope this helps you!

Hi.. saw your message. I live in Provo and Provo is up and running...Grand Turk and South Caicos has much to do but there is a lot going on so not to worry about your trip. Cruise Ship centre due to open any day....If you have been diving in Provo, should be no problem - There are some good deals at the hotels who are keen to open up - its the slow season here anyhow...
R

Back
Top Bottom