My Wife: More Advertising than a Race Car

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knavey

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Have to admit, its a good picture though of her and a cowfish. The fish stayed around for almost an entire safety stop.

Great shot Knavey. He/she must have been very curious to stay that close to a human for that long.
:shades:

This has become my wifes favorite photo. Its the desktop background now!

Great shot! Made me go, "Awwwwww" for at least a full minute!

However, to be precise that fish is only a cousin to the cowfish family. It is a Rhinesomus gibbosus or more commonly known as a Turret Fish.

I have this fish in my aquarium and is one of my favorite fish because they are so currious and love human contact. They actually like to do a little Immelman sommer sault dance for you and "kiss" you from time to time.

Spydertek

Where was this taken? Reason I ask is it looks like a Scrawled Cowfish to me. Acanthostracion quadricomis
As listed in Paul Humann's Reef Fish ID, 3rd Edition, pg. 389.

I've seen several species of tropical fish in fish shops that are the same we see in our diving but they have different names within the aquarium trade.

Dee, I belive you are absolutely right and I was off. The two major differential factors between these two fish being the dorsal "fin" and the eye brow area.

On the Turret the back is more of a shark like fin protrusion where as the Scrawled has an arch along the full body length.

The Scrawled also has far more pronounced "horns" over the eyes where the Turret has nearly no horns at all.

I stand corrected. The rear angle of the shot made for my mis-ident.

Spydertek

So, at the end of the dive, does she say, "Well, the Zeagle-Scubapro-Tusa chevy was running real good...

The photo was taken at Silversides Hole in Cay Sal Bank, Bahamas.

Photo, you forgot the Sherwood reg in her mouth AND if you look really closely at the top of the mask, you can see Sport on it. Not sure who that manufacturer is though.

Funny how she noticed the fish, and I noticed the advertising!

Thanks for the clarification on the fish type everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom