DIR "Poster" or similar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Part of the allure of DIR diving to me is that "DIR" as a mantra has always been a part of my personal philosophy, since long before I ever started diving.

"If there's a 'right way' to do something, then that's the way it should be done."

Of course there's always a debate over what is "the right way" but there can be no doubt that when there is a known or generally accepted "right way" to do something, then willingly deciding to pursue "doing it wrong" is just absurd.

To that point I'd love to have some sort of "DIR" type poster to hang in my office as a constant reminder to myself - and others - of this point.

Would also simply be cool to have some sort of dive related poster hanging in my office!

:D

How about this one (source: M. Lindstrom/TCDP)...

Attachments

• DIRDISE.jpg
    DIRDISE.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 65
Posters in and of themselves are extraneous equipment and should not be used. They add weight and drag to the wall which are not sufficiently offset by the value of their message. With 4 independent connection points they add a myriad of potential failures as well.

Sorry - I had to :eyebrow:

I've been giving this a lot of thought lately. I think Home Depot's mantra of 'Do it right' is the way to go. Just haven't figured out where to mount my skill saw. It'll be great for containing the long hose, but I keep having to replace my drysuit.

Sorry, no actual poster for this though.

Bill.

Posters in and of themselves are extraneous equipment and should not be used. They add weight and drag to the wall which are not sufficiently offset by the value of their message. With 4 independent connection points they add a myriad of potential failures as well.

My plan was to have two - for redundancy.

Or suppose I had a poster made from a single continuous piece of nylon webbing? Could I put a D-ring on one end and hang it on the wall via a cave-rigged bolt snap?

:confused:

My plan was to have two - for redundancy.

Wouldn't it be better for your buddy to hang an identical poster in his house? Don't you think that something that punctures a single poster could easily puncture a second?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom