Disney's Dive Quest Report....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is definitely a cool dive! I've done it twice, and would gladly do it again.

As for the sharks and turtles... they don't move... YOU move! LOL A week before we were there for the 2nd time, one of the loggerheads bit one of the DMs on the cheek, cause it didn't like that the DM surfaced at the same time as it did. It's a safe experience, but just remember that these are wild animals. :)

For all that are getting ready to experience DiveQuest... have a great time! You'll leave with some great memories!

But, what about the dolphins? When I was there a few years ago for my encounter, they had separated the dolphins into their own penned in area. Told us that they were too aggressive to play in the big pool.

Dolphins can be very aggresive in deed, that is one reason they are kept seperated from the Aquarium. When you dive the Living Sea's you are diving a very mild, very ergonomic, and tranquile location. If there were any signs of aggresion, the creature would be removed immediately. There is no way Disney is going to lose their $120.00 + per diver X what 40 divers + per day, plus the addmission fee to EPCOT, they collect from the families of the divers at $70.00 per person X how many? The math equation is un-believable. This wouldn't be a great dive destination presented by Disney if it were not for the DOLLARS to which they pull in. They want us to believ that the money goes to natural habitats but being the skeptic I am when it comes to the Wonderful World of the richest rat in the world. Disney wants their money come heck or low water. The dive is still a fabulous dive and YES, I will dive it again. (Ok, so I may be a skeptic but I am a conformist:dork2:)

Dive EPCOTS living Sea's it is a great dive!!!

Again, being the skeptic I am, I think the majority of the money is going into Micheal Isners retirment fund. I really do not care where the money goes, I just wish I was getting .01% . Heck I could retire rather quickly. That doesn't mean I won't dive it again, Heck, I just might do the dive this weekend.

The wife and I did the dive on Sunday the 22nd. (Yep, did the whole kiss in the bubble bit !) But really enjoyed it. Looking forward to doing it again in December.

Little story....so we're sitting on the bench at guest relations waiting to be picked-up and strike up a conversation with the young teenage girl also waiting. Turns out she was from Killeen, Texas and was one of the last students my oldest daughter certified before leaving Texas for Cayman Brac.

Small world !

I'd like to reiterate what many have already stated: this is a great dive. My wife and I have lived in Orlando for 5 years now and we dive EPCOT at least once a year (sure, it helps knowing a DM out there :wink:, but I bet we'd go anyway). Not only are the sights and staff top notch, you would be hard-pressed to ever find a more relaxed and easy dive than this. There is a lot of return for minimal effort with this one. No need to bring personal gear, no need to haul gear, no need to clean gear - just show up and it's all taken care of by the members of the happiest place on the planet (and just in case you’re wondering, it’s all top of the line ScubaPro and Atomic stuff).

If you're a diver and will be venturing anywhere close to EPCOT, spend the money. Do this dive. You won't be disappointed.

Fun Facts: 1) At 203 feet in diameter, you could place Spaceship Earth inside the aquarium and have space left over; 2) The entire volume (5.7 million gallons) of the aquarium is filtered approximately every two hours.

ive been wanting to do this for a while...just need to get to florida

I did this dive last week..... I posted a report over on Scubatoys forum... but can post here if anyone is interested. (It was a 'start to finish' report that included what you did before and after the dive).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom