Hello from Atlanta! Question about Marathon Key...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rythmmaker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am new to Scuba Board - and I am planning a trip to Marthon Key this next week. I am planning to dive with Tildens. Anyone had any experience with them recently? They were recommended to me, but I can't seem to find much in the way of reviews...

Any suggestions or comments are welcome!

Thanks!!

Rythm

Hi Rythm,

Welcome to ScubaBoard. I'm not familiar with Georgia but you might want to check out our forum that includes Georgia.

Went to the Keys last year... Did some stuff with Florida Keys Dive Center out of Tavineir. Stayed on Islamorada. I plan on making the trip again this year after I get done in West Palm Beach. I havn't dove off Marathon. I've heard there isn't much there. Let us know what it's like when you get back.

Howdy and Welcome to SB.com!
0055.gif

You'll get more answers on the Florida forum. :wink:

Click Forums at the top to start checking all the choices, and try our :search: feature. Hope you enjoy your time here. Click my Username to PM me if I can help...??

thnks1agan.gif
don :cowboy:
[c]
f6.gif

[/c]

Rythmmaker:
I am planning a trip to Marthon Key this next week.

No you aren't. You are planning a trip to Key Vaca. Marathon is a town on that Key, there is no Marathon Key.

Tilden's has a good reputation, but I've never personally dived with them. They've been in business a very long time.

WELCOME to :sblogo: NEIGHBOR!

Check out the DEEP DIXIE DIVER forum and join in on the fun!
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/deep-dixie-divers/ We have some fun mega dives coming up in the fall that are the best way to meet new dive buddies!

Happy diving!
Carolyn:sharks:

Quick note... just got back! Had a great time in and around the middle keys. We dove the Sombrero reef (AKA Walmart Parking Lot) which was crowded with boats, but still a fun reef with lots to see and easy access (hence the popularity). We also dove the wreck of the Ivory, and Flagler's Barge (which was my favorite - lots to see and a very compact dive). We also went up to Tavernier and dove with Conch Republic on Conch Reef and the Conch Ledge - where we saw sharks, Eagle Rays, a huge Green Moray, and some turtles.

I logged 8 more dives, and got to spend time getting very familiar with my new gear. Awesome trip!

Thanks everyone!

So glad to hear that you had a great time. When are you going for your advanced?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom