DIVING CONCEPTS Drysuits any comments?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaRider

Reaction score
I'm new to diving but I'm thinking of buying this drysuit. I live in Ohio and the water stays pretty cold most of the year. Any comments or suggestion would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance !:confused:

I tried the Diving Concepts ultraflex drysuit and found it a very nice suit. It was on my short list with a DUI CLX 450. The DC drysuit I tried had a non-adjustable cuff dump which I liked a lot. It also had some useless neoprene velcro flap intended to go over the wrist seals/gloves to help keep them warm, which I disliked a lot and felt was useless and actually annoying option. I didn't like their warm neck collar that much either.

I now dive a used but new to me DUI CLX 450 suit simply because I found a good deal on a used custom cut suit that fit me perfectly.

Soggy once bubbled...
Which Diving Concepts drysuit are you wanting to buy? They make a quality product, though some are very pricey. Don't buy the undies...they are like $500.

Other than the price, what don't you like about the undies?

Soggy once bubbled...

King Kong Matt on the board has some...the stitching is already falling out. And you can have 3 undergarments for $500...total waste of money.

That's odd. My dive buddy owns them, and thinks they are fantastic and well worth the money. He's owned the DUI, Bare, and a host of other undies, and says nothing compares to them. They are far warmer, and they stretch which makes moving in your drysuit that much easier.

He flooded last week, and did not have to call the dive because these maintained their warmth.

There is a shop in my town that carries the DC drysuits and the owner dives one. I don't know the suit models but it appeared to look a lot like a DUI CLX450 only with a back zip instead of diagonal front zip and it had a very small unadjustable cuff dump which looked really cool. I also noticed the waterproof zipper seemed extremely heavy duty.

Anyone in the Midwest area should swing by a DIRF class that Andrew G teaching and ask him about his drysuit developments.
I've heard that he's been working on additional improvements - I think with Diving Concepts suits. He gives excellent reasons why the leg and arm panels are a benefit and also info about where the zipper falls under the harness. All of this I learned AFTER buying a custom DUI suit and 400G's!!

Besides the whole underwear pricing, Has anyone had any problems with the suit itself? I am thinking mostly about the hyper stretch.
ADAM

Back
Top Bottom