Wrinkles May '07 Dive Planning Thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ted S:
divebuddysean, thanks for the offer!

If you see this why don't you bring a bag of charcoal (we'll need a fairly large bag given the BBQs). Let me know if this works for you... if not I can definitely pick it up.

Ok I'll bring down my bag and pick up another one tomorrow!

See you Saturday!

Sean

Wish I could make it but once again the May Wrinkles dive conflicts with the Revlon Run/Walk for Women in LA, so I will be walking with my daughter to raise money for cancer research. I wish you all good diving!

Jennifer

Visibility this morning was in the high 20s. NO surf, no current, no surge. WET DIVERS take note. THERE WAS NO THERMOCLINE TODAY. The water was 47 degrees at 65ft and didnt break 50 till 10ft. All 6 computers said the same thing. Plan accordingly.

Oh....and there was a 5ft long wolf eel on the point today . :D

See you all in the morning.

Terry

divebuddysean:
Hi everyone! Long time no see! I'm going to make this event and bring a buddy: Simon. If there is anything I can bring, please let me know. Ted, if you'd like me to get any of those items, I'm more than willing. I do have a small bag of charcoal I can bring and could get the buns too... How many buns, and do we need an additional bag of charcoal?

I did make a topo map of LJS with some zoomed in views which you can find here:

http://www.scubapost.net/content.php?id=218

I'll check in tomorrow evening and see what you want me to bring.

Although it sounds like we have red tide on the surface, the vis is sounding good at depth from the reports this week.

See you Saturday!

Sean
Sean,

It will be great to see you! We've missed you.

This is the same simon that we know, right?

See you tomorrow. I'll be staying in La Jolla tonight.

Christian

Yes but ... :wink:

I'll do at least one dive and see if I can warm back up on the surface interval enough to venture back in :)

looks like I'll be needing a dive buddy as well

divinman:
Visibility this morning was in the high 20s. NO surf, no current, no surge. WET DIVERS take note. THERE WAS NO THERMOCLINE TODAY. The water was 47 degrees at 65ft and didnt break 50 till 10ft. All 6 computers said the same thing. Plan accordingly.

Now that my hands have thawed out I can finally type

This morning was my coldest dive ever. I'll be installing the drygloves tonight :D

D_B:
..... looks like I'll be needing a dive buddy as well

We won't be lacking in those, plenty to go around!

Dang...

I might have a gig tomorrow in Pt. Loma from 11-4. So close, yet so far!

I'll update my availability when I know for certain, but I'll definitely be there for the early AM dive!

Adam

Edit: Gig from 10:30 - 3. I'll be there at 4.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom