Was April Fool's Prank funny?

Was SB April Fool's Prank 2007 funny?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So wait a minute... You guys DON'T think I'm the best diver on SB??? Ohhhh.... what a letdown.

Walter:
My dear, are you admitting you don't understand the genesis of April Fool's Day?

Happy New Year!
Gee darlin' you make it sound as bad as being a child molester.:rofl3: Besides, the origin of the day has not been concretely determined. Many different theories. It would be funny if the Wikipedia version added the SB ^you^ and the ensuing angst it caused to its long list of notable pranks.
http://www.infoplease.com/spot/aprilfools1.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Fool's_Day

Walter:
I'm not going to apologize for calling you a child molester.
When did you do that? And who told you?:rofl3:

howarde:
I don't know why you want to pick a fight with Walter, but please show where he specifically calls football infantile, or even implies it. Using the word in a sentence is not an implication, unless you are reading it wrong.

Geez. I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone. My post was specifically referring to his post that participating in April Fools pranks was infantile. The football analogy was his, not mine.

I never said that he said that football was infantile. I realize that he did not. I made a supposition that he did, in order to make HIS analogy more closely resemble HIS original post regarding April Fools hijinx being infantile.

OHGoDive:
But, say you defined football as an infantile activity, specifically.

See the word "say"? That is a supposition. SUPPOSE you defined football as an....

I was merely pointing out that it would be quite easy for someone to interpret, from HIS remarks, that participating in April Fool's jokes was infantile. His response didn't seem to indicate that he thought I was fighting with him, nor did he seem to be fighting with me. It more closely resembled a discussion, with two people expressing an opinion.

Doesn't anyone ever go back and read from the beginning of a thread?

See what all this April Fool's tomfoolery has started? I'm hurt. :rofl3:

While I didn't read many posts April 1st, the one I did read actually cheered me up. It started by asking how I'd been as I'd not been around much lately ... caught on later that it was a joke, but gotta say, felt nice to be missed ... even if only for a lil' bit - I ended up emailing the first 3 pages to a friend, and while they were disjointed, it gave me a good laugh. I don't know where the thread took off to after that, but the beginning sure brightened up my day in a much needed way.

Aloha, Tim

P.S. the thread I read had some confusion and "banter" but no attacks, insults or "put downs" etc at the point I left it...

evad:
But he didn't "say" that and I can't understand how anyone might have misconstrued his words.

I realize that.

But, he did say, in the context of April Fool's jokes, that he did not participate in infantile activities. Didn't he?

I was merely suggesting that someone might interpret, from that, that he meant that someone who participated in April Fool's pranks participated in infantile activity.

He has said that he did not intend that. Which, I have no trouble with. Nor did I ever disagree with him on that point.

I was merely pointing out where the potential for misconstruing might be coming from. That's all. Nothing more.

Again, it helps, I think, to read the entire exchange, not just the last post.

None of the threads made me laugh at all. So I guess I would say they weren't "funny".

funny

OHMYGOD! This is the funniest thread I've ever read! Man, this poor horse is beat so dead there ain't nuthin' left of him. :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

NetDoc, I don't know anything about you, but I want to tell you that I find every one of your posts to be incredibly intelligent, lucid, on-target and articulate.

A couple comments: the terms "infantile" and "childish" were bandied about quite a bit, all in reference to the AFD joke. Those who chose to use those words (and others) have to accept that those of us who LIKED the joke are going to take a little offense, whether you directed the words at US specifically, or at the activity we have openly professed to have enjoyed. You chose to use those words. Deal with it.

Like I tried to explain to someone else who said that he found the AFD joke to be "childish and boring" -- imagine yourself saying to someone, "hey I LOVE this computer game, I played it all day yesterday, I think it's so much fun!" And the person you are speaking to says, "Well, I find it childish and boring." Do you SEE how that makes the game player feel...well...uh...INSULTED?

One thing I truly do not understand is why anyone who didn't even EXPERIENCE yesterday would come in here and fight tooth and nail for his/her right to express how much they disliked it. Huh???

I also don't understand why someone who clearly doesn't even LIKE this board continues to spend so much time posting on it. If'n ya don't like it, truly, there are bound to be other boards you DO like. Why not visit them, instead of repeatedly telling us that the activities that WE enjoy are, well, not enjoyable? (Or "childish" or "infantile" or are stuff that most grownups should have grown out of or insert-yer-own-insult-here).

Disclaimer: that was NOT an order to vacate this board. You are free to continue to post to a board you don't even like...if that's really how you enjoy spending your time.

Anybody wanna beat the horse some more? LOL!

Back
Top Bottom