Cancelling/ Not Cancelling?

Are you cancelling your vacation due to the recent crisis?

• Yes, I am cancelling my vacation.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • No, I am not cancelling.

Votes: 59 88.1%
  • I have yet to decide.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • No vacation planned, as of now.

Votes: 4 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the sharkman

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a trip paid for to Cozumel, through Bay Adventures. I leave in 7 days (sweeet!). I thought about changing to later plans, but I'm not. I can't help but wonder if anyone will be cancelling their vacation plans. Please post where you will/ will not be going.
:guitar:

I've actually traveled more in the past year and a half than ever before, and will continue to do so. My priorities have changed in the face of war and terrorism...I'm much more motivated to live each day to the fullest and to take full advantage of what life has to offer.

I am on my way to Utila in about two weeks and nothing short of a total shutdown of air traffic is going to stop me from going.

Woo Hoo! Heading off the rock for a few days. Wouldn't dream of not travelling now.

And from a perspective of the islands, we are looking to be busier this week than we were the last few weeks.

Ask yourself - why cancel?
Where are you going? Coz... Not exactly the biggest hotspot for terrorists last time I checked.
There seems to be a tendency to get caught up in a frenzy of scare talk.

I would go - maybe not to the Red Sea, but certainly to Cozumel.

Terkel

....but then I live in "economic/emotional-impact target" central.

I intend to travel regardless of what's going on. I think our skies are safer than they were a year and a half ago because of the government's response to 9/11. Also, the airline industry needs us to keep flying. I really don't want to see our mobility curtailed and our way of life altered because the terrorists have made us all afraid.

I'm with you, Scubagrl. Live while you are still alive. Don't stay locked in your home, afraid the bogeyman will get you.

I was curious how the current situation would effect tourism in general (especially Mexico, since that's where I'm going). I am glad that people are not changing their plans. I'm looking forward to doing a few shots of Chinaco with my American (and non-American) friends.
sharkman
:guitar:

IMHO It is the safest time to travel to the Red Sea and Africa. I cannot see any God-fearing Islamic terrorist blowing up another Islamic plane.

I cannot see it getting hit by huge missiles whilst in Egypt or Sudan and as the Sinai Peninsula has UN observers and has had for some time, that also seems a fairly safe place to go.

... and at the end of the day ... isn't this conflict about the right to travel freely anywhere in the world without fear of being blown out of the sky by someone ... not necessesarily muslim :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom