We are going to Curacao & Bonaire, any reccommenations on Dive Operator/Hotels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got back today from Habitat Curacao. My g/f and I spent July11-19 there and thought it was very nice. We had an ocean front 2nd story room. Its worth the extra cash for the amazing view. I did morning boat dives every day and dove the house reef most afternoons. We did foray out for shore diving one day and I did a couple of other shore dives another day with a local that I met on Habitat's boat.

The grounds, food and dive staff were all top notch. If I ever return to Curacao I would not think twice about staying there again.

Thank you all for your information. The only problem I foresee is the weight limits when flying from CUR to BON. I made reservations with Divi Divi Airlines. Their planes are small and only accommodate 9 people. Usually, I bring my own gear and that alone is about 40 lbs. (that's including bringing my own soft weights). I bring my own weights because the hard weights tend to bruise me.

Their policy is check-in 1 bag only. If you have a carry-on, it has to sit in your lap. That is fine with me, because 1 1/2 months ago I was in St. Kitts, Statia, & Nevis and had to sit my carry-on in my lap. My buddy and I are also looking for a dive guide for the shore diving. But so far, we haven't found one.

There is a great one, I can mail it to you if you cannot find it on line, but it is here on the island, Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy. I think you can find it on Amazon.com if not the cost here is $15.00 plus shipping to the states. Let us know if I can help.

Liz

Liz,
Again, thanks for the plug but "Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy" (2005-2006) is not available on Amazon.

It is, however, available at all the dive shops and a few select retailers on island. The guide can also be purchased at www.bonairestuff.com for those of you wanting to purchase it before you come.

It is a good tool and was a lot of fun to do.

Susan

Susan,

Oh, great, I apologize, I thought someone told me they got it on Amazon...thanks for the info, BTW Bart dropped some off at my office, so I'm set for now! Thanks!

Liz

Liz,
Good for you. I am sure your guests will enjoy the amenity.

touch of energy:
I just got back from Bonaire a week ago, if you would still like some info on the island, restaurants, hotels, dive sites, etc..let me know..I would be happy to share..
Hi there,

Yes, I would definitely want to hear about your trip/information on the island. Right now, I have a binder full of dive sites, restaurants, etc. for Bonaire. I would love to add additional information on everything you did on the island. thank you in advance for the information. I will be leaving on Oct. 30 to Curacao staying at Marriott Resort for a few days, then flying on Divi Divi Air to Bonaire on Nov.3 (that's when my dive buddy arrives) - 8th. We have decided to stay at the Carib Inn on Bonaire. Highly reccommended on some of the Scuba Magazines. Since I don't need to stay in a posh resort when diving, as long as it is clean. I only stay in expensive resorts when I am travelling by myself (for security reason - you know being a female). Coming back to Curacao on Nov. 8 - 15th.

touch of energy:
I just got back from Bonaire a week ago, if you would still like some info on the island, restaurants, hotels, dive sites, etc..let me know..I would be happy to share..

Hi...My husband and I are planning a trip to Bonaire next summer. Could you share some info with the rest of us as well? Thanks! :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom