Oahu Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cjpj:
I would like to go scuba diving in Oahu Hawaii. Can anyone recommend and good hotel with easy access to a good dive facility?

Aloha CJPJ!

Waikiki is a good centralized location for staying while visiting Oahu. Great Oahu diving can be found out of the West shore, East Shore and South shore this time of year (and North Shore during the summer). Waikiki really puts you smack dab in the center of that - giving you options :)

Plus most dive operations will pick you up from Waikiki Hotels and take you to wherever you will be diving that day.

A good hotel also depends on your price range...not sure what you are looking for...but a few I like:

Hilton Hawaiian Village - can be pricey - but a GREAT place to stay

Pacific Beach Hotel - a bit cheaper - they have a nice aquarium (huge) restaurant

Good luck hotel hunting & enjoy Hawaii!

Check out http://aquazone.net/ie/home.html THey have two locations in Waikiki (Outrigger Waikiki and Waikiki Marriott). I've used them 3 times. I don't know of any others that have an actual presence in a hotel. There are a number of good ops in Oahu.

As you are learning, most dive companies will pick you up from any Waikiki Hotel you choose. Aquazone and South Seas Aquatics are the few in central Waikiki with a hotel diveshop but even they pick you up and take you to the boats. South Seas has better prices overall or if you are diving out of Kewalo Basin, Try the Dive Oahu diveshop. It is right there in the Marina. Other good operators are Pacific Paradise Divers, AAA Diving and Captain Bruce's (in Wainaie). You really cant go wrong with any of them, Look them up online and you can learn a lot by their websites.

I just got back from a dive trip to Oahu and I arranged my dive thru capt. bruce (www.captainbruce.com) found them to be really good! I was staying at the Waikiki Parc and there is a dive store just round the corner where I picked up a set of new regulators at a very good price. the shop is South Sea Aquatics. (www.ssahawaii.com)

Back
Top Bottom