Grand Turk Hotels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
We are going to Turks and Caicos in November and plan on staying on Grand Turk. Can anyone recommend a place to stay? We would like to be able to do some shore diving when we like as well as boat diving.
We were looking at Island House, but on the map, it looks like a hike to where the beach is. From what I understand, there are golf cart-type vehicles available, but I'm not sure if it's practical to use these to get to the beach.
We are also looking at Osprey Beech Hotel and Bohio Resort. Any feedback from someone who has stayed at any of these places or knows of a good place would be appreciated. Thanks.

Matt

Island House is the place to stay. Colin provides you with your own truck to get around. I don't know about shore diving there - long swim out to the dropoff. Too much work - this is why God invented dive boats.

Island House is great for a B&B... don;t worry about getting around, everything is pretty close. Closer to the [few] restaurants and bars, and the dive shops, another smallish place is the Salt Raker Inn; ask Erika for the second room that I (Richard Podos) stayed in. Osprey is more of a hotel, and is the most up-to-date facility on the island. Bohio is sort of a mess from what I understand, with ongoing changes of ownership creating problems.

Shore diving is feasible there... but not really done. The reef and the edge of the wall is too far. What I'd recommend instead is to rent a kayak from Oasis, cruise out to one of the moorings, tie off and free dive. Or just boat dive more... in season, you can get in at least three if not four boat dives per day.

We stayed at Aquahouse condo and I can highly recommend it if you are looking for something that offers a little more than a resort type of an accommodation. Its right on the beach and the boat picks up in front. http://www.aquahouse.biz/index.html

I'll cast another vote for Island House. My wife and I stayed there back when Colin was still finishing it (the pool wasn't even done yet), and we loved it. Getting around is no problem.

sdwho

motownmatt:
We are going to Turks and Caicos in November and plan on staying on Grand Turk. Can anyone recommend a place to stay? We would like to be able to do some shore diving when we like as well as boat diving.
We were looking at Island House, but on the map, it looks like a hike to where the beach is. From what I understand, there are golf cart-type vehicles available, but I'm not sure if it's practical to use these to get to the beach.
We are also looking at Osprey Beech Hotel and Bohio Resort. Any feedback from someone who has stayed at any of these places or knows of a good place would be appreciated. Thanks.

Matt

My husband and I will be going to GT for a dive vacation mid-march. Does anyone have any updated information on Bohio and their dive op? I was thinking of going thru Oasis Divers but found out that Bohio has a operation also.

Thank for your input...
VJ

VJ

I sure you have these links
http://www.bohioresort.com/
http://www.usdivetravel.com/R-TurksCaicos-BohioDiveResort.html

I just got back from Grand Turk two weeks ago.
I have not posted the trip report yet.

I stayed at the Island House but I toured the Ospey, the Arches, and the Bohio.

If cost is not really an issue. You should stay at the Bohio. This is a pretty nice place to stay on Grand Turk. Their beach is awesome. The have a nice on site dive operation with a nice big boat. Most dive boats on Grand Turk are small Carolina Skiffs. You can see from the above links that their dive boat is not a skiff. The other thing great about staying at the Bohio is that you can use an underwater scooter to do an afternoon shore dive on Black Coral Forest right off their beach (This is one of the best dive on Grand Turk). You need the scooter because it is about 200-300 yards off shore (This is a guess).

It will cost you a lot to eat all your meals in the restaurant at the Bohio. You are pretty far away from everything so it would be a good walk to restaurants (I mean really far).

I will post my report soon and I will have more information.

darren

Darren,
Thanks for the reply.

I'm planning on staing at the Bohio, now just deciding if I want to go thru Oasis or their dive op.

I'm excited, husband won't know where we are going until we board the plane in Ft. Lauderdale. To surprise him, I'm sending him fishing and a one-on-one cooking class with their chef. I'm also hoping we'll be able to see the whales while we are there.

Also, is it a good idea to rent a vehicle for the week, or can you get one as you need them?

I dived with Oasis, and they are pretty good, but If I was staying at the Bohio, I would definitely dive with them. It would provide for a fully no hassle vacation.
Your gear would be right there on site.

You can get the staff at the Bohio to set the car rental up for you. I asked them about it and and they said they could do it. I am sure the staff at the Bohio could tell which way to go with regard to weekly or daily rental. They were most helpful. If you are going to eat most your meals on site, then I would think you would not need a car the whole week. There is not a whole to see in town.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom