Split Pea and Jellyfish soup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, after trying to dive the jetties last week and finding nothing but nasty brown water (I never even got in the water), I tried again today and found brownish green water. I was in need of a dive so I jumped in and swam in the pea soup anyway. Needless to say I went macro for the dive. Here are some pics:

jelly.jpg

stonecrab.jpg

sandfish.jpg

babyblue.jpg

Nice shots... the jelly looks typical of NW diving... heheh.. only we have the "Greenish" hue to them... Jellys, I found at least, are hard to shoot as the focus doesn't really know where to fix... and if you're taking a "Natural light" shot, the f-stop is wide open.. so the Depth-Of-Field is minimal.. They're tough...

Nice shots on the others, as always... ;-))

Cool shots :)

Glad to hear you managed to get a dive in at the jetties - I can't wait to get back out there.

great shots........any ideas why the crabs seem to be missing claws?

When Stone Crabs(1st Crab - 2nd Pic) are in season, you're allowed to take a single claw as long as they are more than a minimum size. This particular crab looks small, but someone may have taken the claw anyway... or he could have gotten into a little scuffle.

No idea about the Blue Crab. You are allowed to take the entire crabs as long as they aren't egg-bearing females. He could have simply got into a fight?¿

Yoda:

I agree. Some really sharp pics. Great focus and sharp images.

I like the jelly because it really tells the story of the conditions you were diving in. Been there and done that! I hope you will forgive the intrusion, but your picture was perfect for a masking technique I have been working on. So this is what the jelly looks like after you clean up the pea soup! Hope you enjoy.

---Bob

YodaJellyMod.jpg

lol wow is that the same jellyfish? I wish you could do that for the entire DIVE!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom