Seeking opinions on NAUI tech training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunny_diver

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know any NAUI tech divers and don't live near any NAUI tech instructors. So I turn to Scubaboard to learn.

I'm familiar with GUE, UTD, and TDI tech training. How does NAUI tech training compare?

I don't know any NAUI tech divers and don't live near any NAUI tech instructors. So I turn to Scubaboard to learn.

I'm familiar with GUE, UTD, and TDI tech training. How does NAUI tech training compare?

It's the instructor......not the agency.......that determines quality.

@sunny_diver for tech, are you interested in deep diving or cave? Or both? People like @cerich and @LandonL can provide better information. If I were going to do cave in Florida, I would likely start with a NAUI instructor.

Yes, yes. Instructor choice is more important than agency choice. Let's acknowledge that.

However, the teachings and policies of agencies matter to me. That's what I'm really asking about.

If it is the teachings and policies of the agency that matter most to you......then just contact the agency directly and ask them to provide you with exactly what their teachings and policies are.

I am NAUI trained for:

Technical EANx Diver, and Decompression Techniques Diver.

Solid programs, but as others have said, it also depends heavily on the instructor (and the student).

You want an instructor that not only can teach, but who is ACTIVELY doing that kind of diving.

NAUI's written materials are excellent. That having been said, pick an instructor not an agency. You can always purchase the NAUI books for your personal enrichment.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom