Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was considering the same, but then I imagined the DIR Police riding in on a DPV at 100fsw and writing me a wetnote ticket for silly shoestrings.
Man I think DIR / GUE are great but they're not the end all be all. It's great fundamental skills, but if you're not having fun with it then I'm not sure what's the point.

I have orange flippers and orange accents on a lot of stuff. I think @lexvil and I are cut from the same cloth!

I've contemplated mounting red/blue lights on my scoot and buzzing by the OW classes as they kneel in the mud...

I would just pull on your silly Kubi's and flipper away:flowers:

Man I think DIR / GUE are great but they're not the end all be all. It's great fundamental skills, but if you're not having fun with it then I'm not sure what's the point.

I have orange flippers and orange accents on a lot of stuff. I think @lexvil and I are cut from the same cloth!

Wet wrists are less concerning than a cut LP line...

:swordfight:

For those wearing rock boots like the Altimas, is there an advantage to those boots compared with something softer like a neoprene dive boot or the NRS booties? I'm using a 3mm AquaLung neoprene boot over the Seaskin neoprene socks and it feels quite comfortable and stable. I only have to walk a little bit on a boat or local quarry, so I don't need the thick sole of the Altimas. I can use the same size Deep 6 Eddy fins as when I dive warm water, but the Altimas or other boots would require buying a larger pair of fins.

I'm happy with my neoprene boots so far, but as a new drysuit diver, I want to make sure I'm not missing something.

Except for that “flipper” thing!

For those wearing rock boots like the Altimas, is there an advantage to those boots compared with something softer like a neoprene dive boot or the NRS booties? I'm using a 3mm AquaLung neoprene boot over the Seaskin neoprene socks and it feels quite comfortable and stable. I only have to walk a little bit on a boat or local quarry, so I don't need the thick sole of the Altimas. I can use the same size Deep 6 Eddy fins as when I dive warm water, but the Altimas or other boots would require buying a larger pair of fins.

I'm happy with my neoprene boots so far, but as a new drysuit diver, I want to make sure I'm not missing something.
Where them out and then maybe switch up. I've been diving mine and I'm pretty rough. They look brand new. I am not sure how long they'll last but I have neoprene boots that I was less rough with that look worse.

I can fit booties in XL but for the boots it was more comfortable with 2XL.
Except for that “flipper” thing!
I think it's a D6 thing that they just wanted to go against the establishment and have fun with it.

I wear Hollis rock boots. They're negative so it works out great with my neutral/imperceptibly negative Quattro fins. Adding buoyancy to my feet seems like it would work against my trim with my preferred fins. If I were wearing negative fins then the added buoyancy may be a blessing.

Edit: for dry diving I use XL Quattros. Wet I wear my large/reg pair.

Where them out and then maybe switch up. I've been diving mine and I'm pretty rough. They look brand new. I am not sure how long they'll last but I have neoprene boots that I was less rough with that look worse.

I can fit booties in XL but for the boots it was more comfortable with 2XL.

I think it's a D6 thing that they just wanted to go against the establishment and have fun with it.
Flipper(s) are only to be used in prosecutors offices, real estate offices and 60’s TV shows.

For those wearing rock boots like the Altimas, is there an advantage to those boots compared with something softer like a neoprene dive boot or the NRS booties?
Valid question, but I don't think I'd really categorize the Altamas as rock boots. They have an extremely flexible shank, and while the ankles and tongue have some mesh padding, the sides are essentially a single ply of Cordura. You could totally wear them as street shoes if they weren't a size bigger than your normal kicks.

When I'm chilling in the Caribbean diving in a tee and tech shorts, I use the updated version of the Poseidon One shoe, which actually is a neoprene bootie, and honestly other than "Converse" vs "Technicool" styling, you could use them interchangeably.

1715199594230.png
1715199616713.png

Maybe we're splitting hairs, but what I'd typically think of as a traditional rock boot has a stiffer shank and significantly more aggressive tread pattern on the sole. Good protection, not something you'd wear out to the cantina after your diving's done for the day. Cant imagine I'd really need anything along those lines unless I was hoofing it back and forth across a beach of crushed lava rock.

1715200601422.png
1715200619780.png

The only advantage is being more comfortable when you're walking on land over rocks or other surfaces that hurt your feet in thinner-soled footwear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom