My Blacktip Leaked Yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was able to work with Dive Xtras for a shipping label and paid them $63 (with tax) for it. I dropped it off at UPS last week. It's expected to be delivered tomorrow. In the meantime, I scored a good deal on a used Tusa Sav7 Evo3 with Lithium battery and charger. I used it a couple of days ago and will be selling my BT once it's repaired.

My BT was delivered today. I received the following email:

We just received your RMA at Dive Xtras. I have unpacked it and we have the following items:

BlavkTip Tech : Tail 6336
Tech Tube w/ nose
Strap Kit & Front Bolt Snap
Handle off with Trigger.

I'm going to evaluate it now and let you know what we find and options on proceeding. We wont do any work till we have communicated and got your authorization. Depending on how busy we are, this may take up to 2 weeks.

Regards
Support
Dive Xtras

didn't think the tusa's had enough thrust to be compared to the blacktips?

didn't think the tusa's had enough thrust to be compared to the blacktips?
In my experience, the Tusa's are faster. Both seeing others on the Tusa's and now having rid one. Battery life is superior too. The downside is how much the Tusa's weigh, they are heavy.

At cruising speed with 12ah batteries, per the chart, the tech is about 150ft/min which is 1.7mph. I've successfully ran the BT at cruising speeds for 3 dives with the battery showing 2 bars at the end. I easily pushed 2+mph on the Tusa the majority of all 3 dives with battery to spare. The BT can't keep up with that.

You can get a custom pack for the BT which would offer a lot more performance for not a lot more cost than 2x12ah name brand PTBs. Plus then you won't get an imbalance error.
I believe you lose the battery indicator (for what that's worth).
I'd be curious to know how the Tusa deals with a higher drag configuration. Something the BT doesn't do well either.

You can get a custom pack for the BT which would offer a lot more performance for not a lot more cost than 2x12ah name brand PTBs. Plus then you won't get an imbalance error.
I believe you lose the battery indicator (for what that's worth).
I'd be curious to know how the Tusa deals with a higher drag configuration. Something the BT doesn't do well either.
I find it comical, but the manual says you can tow a lot of people.

1716410379142.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom