My Blacktip Leaked Yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know a replacement part number from an alternate supplier for the BlackTip shaft seal?

If you can get the part, it should be easy to replace. But, if you can't source a replacement part the difficult of doing the work becomes irrelevant.
If it a cheaper DPV, they didn't make a custom seal.
Just a matter of measuring and looking it up.
But looks like it availability is no problem if that PN is correct

IMO not a big deal to fix just patience,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240505-090327_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240505-090327_Samsung Internet.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 31
I'm assuming the circuitry is fried too
You can send just the tail unit to them. My buddy dropped his travel and put a small crack in the tube under a strap. We didn't see it when looking and it flooded while getting his fins on. It literally smoked under water with gray plumes coming out. He took them the tail, they didn't want the tube, and they sent him a compete refurbished travel for ~$550 two weeks later.

Well you know when I rebuild em I rebuild em good, so I don't have problems
and usually taking two batteries on board for the two dives I've only used one

and I'm huge

015.JPG

The orange oval Oring never found a defect, others come from the Oring shop

Of course there's always my battery factory providing endless hours of interest

022.JPG

the battery building bench here is somewhat full currently now at the moment

026.JPG

But Then I'd get mileage from a pushbike with a propeller poking out the back

aggravation
?

They just reached out to me and asked me to ship the entire unit to them for evaluation. I have no idea what that'll cost me.

They just reached out to me and asked me to ship the entire unit to them for evaluation. I have no idea what that'll cost me.
It’s not cheap, especially sending it across the Atlantic in my case.

However, I’m very happy with the results: a unit that works and doesn’t leak. Their repairs are good and they replaced quite a few things. Almost feels like new but it is the original back end.

All interactions I’ve had with DiveX have been great. The repair was done quickly in about 3 weeks and I was kept up to date with progress.

Actually, after change the aluminum case, I never see any water in my BT over 50 times dive.
You can refer to profile photo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom