Bent fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ckraus

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,

I checked my scuba backpack today while organizing the garage and noticed that I didn't store my fins properly in the backpack. Both fins now have a strong bent in the blade. What is the best way to shape the fins back to their normal shape? I hope I don't need to buy new fins.

Thank you,
Chris

Attachments

• IMG_4700.jpg
    IMG_4700.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 29
and leave them in the hot sun for a while.
Or try a hairdryer blowing hot air while using some tricks/jigs that wood benders use to get fancy shapes out of wood?

These $300 bent and twisteds arrived from the scubapor dealer

ME

Hello

Are these a hybrid

003.JPG

perhaps a left and right version

015.JPG

or do you store them under a cow

Thank you.

So it starts flowing

Hi happy

Thanks for checking in with us!

No cows here unfortunately! That looks like the fin just bent over the opposite foot pocket during shipping. The great thin about the monoprene material that Scubapro uses for their fins is that it is very easily mouldable. That’s exactly why we use them in our rental fleet. Simply bend the fin back into it’s normal shape and hold it in shape for a while. It might be worth placing a big book on it for a while to keep it in shape.

I hope that helps and enjoy your new dive gear!

Kind Regards

These $300 bent and twisteds arrived from the scubapor dealer

ME

Hello

Are these a hybrid

View attachment 840853

perhaps a left and right version

View attachment 840854

or do you store them under a cow

Thank you.

So it starts flowing

Hi happy

Thanks for checking in with us!

No cows here unfortunately! That looks like the fin just bent over the opposite foot pocket during shipping. The great thin about the monoprene material that Scubapro uses for their fins is that it is very easily mouldable. That’s exactly why we use them in our rental fleet. Simply bend the fin back into it’s normal shape and hold it in shape for a while. It might be worth placing a big book on it for a while to keep it in shape.

I hope that helps and enjoy your new dive gear!

Kind Regards
It looks like whoever filled the shipping container did a little to much “we can jam in a few more’s”

Mate yeah, and coming from you, Scubaboards resident scubapor monprene fin dude superstar expert

There is no way these got bent from 3 days shipping, same dumkopfs that sent me side stamped tanks

ME

What shape is that. Both fins are bent and twisted out of shape. How about you grab a book and come over
Did I send you a pile of bent and twisted money or was it money you were able to use as soon as you received it

Hi happy

Thank you for getting back to me.

I am sorry that you have received the fins slightly bent. That is not how it should be of course. This is clearly something that has happened during shipping and is obviously outside of our control. While we would like to be able to control the whole process from sale to delivery, that is unfortunately just not possible, so we have to rely on third party shipping companies.

This is also something that is really easy to rectify as explained before.

That leaves us with two options.
  1. You can either try to bend the fins back into shape just like they were made to be able to do or
  2. You can send them back to us for a full refund. We will not be able to exchange them to a different pair for you as we simply cannot take the risk of this happening again of course.
Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Now I'm a busy guy so these things take time

Treat a bent fin like a bent diver -- compress it. After it's condition improves slowly decrease the compression. The manufacturer must have tables to consult.

ME

What shape is that. Both fins are bent and twisted out of shape. How about you grab a book and come over
Did I send you a pile of bent and twisted money or was it money you were able to use as soon as you received it

It had to be the condition of your money :wink:

I'm guessing that what they received of you money was nothing but bunch of little Bits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom