Fins for big foot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello,

I stupidly lost a pair of scubapro seawing gorilla XL fins that I need to replace.

Since I almost only do frogkick, I was planning to adapt my equipment accordingly and go for more tek-oriented fins but I'm 6' 7" and my boots are 48 europe (i guess it's 13,5 / 14 US, i use heavyduty dive boot 6,5 from scubapro in 4XL) and it's a bit of a hassle to find fins suitable. I only use a waterproof SD combat for cold waters dive and haven't plan to buy a drysuit in a close futur (maybe when i'll get older ^^). The footpocket of the seawing gorilla was fine to me but these fins were also quit buoyant.

I already tried mares avanti quattro +, but i found the footpocket too small and i didn't like the sensation during the dive. For freediving, i use full foot fins mares avanti quattro power but they are huge. Apart from my mares i've never tried negative buoyancy fins.

I read a lot of thread speaking great about deep 6 eddy but we can't found them in Europe :'(.

I was looking at the tecline lightjet but it seems of what i read that the foot pocket is not that big even in XL size.

Do you have any advice on any fins that could be nice and suitable (S-Tek from scubapro / apeks RK3 / .... ) ?

Thanks a lot !
I have the XL Apex RK3 and the XL Techline Powerjets. The Techline have massive foot pockets in comparison to the Apex.

oh yeah good to know. I try myrk3 last week. i have size 13 + ( actually the booties are 14, the 13 didn't fit). anyway i am ok but i had the remove the spring strap it was too short from me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom