Zoop temperature logging issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris
How is that the "best" route. May I remind you that we have two products displaying the same fault.
From a customer service point of view that is the "worst" route.
The "best" route is for your company to take some responsibility and supply replacement computers while others are being looked at. They need not be new computers, but as we are diving weekly, we bought computers to be used, not sitting in the mail on someone's desk waiting for them to get around to it.

Please supply the contact details for Suunto sales manager in Australia.

greilinda,

Where did you purchase these computers? I recognize that you are frustrated because of the issue you are experiencing, but these computers do need to be evaluated first. I assure you that they will not be sitting on a desk in a mail room waiting for someone to get around to them. Suunto has a worldwide service network made up of many service centers, which in return gives a quick turn around time for any repairs or warranty issues.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

I have a new Zoop. I download to DM4 and I do not see a temperature profile. Temp is measured during the dive

Question: Is the ZOOP supposed to save the temperature data during the dive? I cannot find any place where it states that it in fact does that.

Thanks

Steve Campbell

I have a Cobra 3 and a Zoop as a backup. Using MacDive on my laptop, I see the temperature throughout the dive when downloading from my Cobra 3. Page 68 of the Zoop manual says "The following data is transferred to the PC: ... temperature at the maximum depth, beginning of dive, and end of dive." This seems to be consistent with what I see in MacDive: it shows a max and min temperature, but it does not show a temperature profile through the dive.

I purchased 2 Zoop's for my daughter and myself prior to our cert dives. On all 5 dives no temp/pressure data was transferred to DM4 except for surface and max depth temp. All of the temp data was 32oF and pressure was 0 PSI. On our third dive we went to 60 feet and the temp at max depth was recorded as 72oF. It was way colder, we were diving in quarry, I looked at my Zoop and it was 56oF. On our 5th dive we went to 58 feet and the Zoop recorded 57oF.

I emailed Suunto on 9/2 and finally received a reply on 9/8. All they told me was that I should reinstall DM4. I did that and still the same result. I responded with the details and have not heard back as of 9/13.

This is sounding like equipment failure.

I have a Zoop and don't rely on the temp readings. I have to ask the other divers.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

Lmay,

The Zoop is not an air integrated computer, therefore it will not show psi at any time. The temperature on DM4 will only show the reading from the beginning of the dive, at max depth, and at the end of the dive. If you believe that your temperature readings are not accurate then you will need to send your computer in to an authorized service center for evaluation. Please locate the nearest service center to you from the link provided. Suunto Dealer Locator

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom