Zoop temperature logging issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greilinda

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I ave a question for Chris.
My wife and I both have Suunto Zoops.
We bought them at the same time and they were set up at the same time. We've only had them for a couple of months.

Both computers are not recording temperature while diving. It comes up as 0 degrees celcius for the whole dive.

This is a new problem. I originally downloaded them using DM4 and there was temps in those logs.
I've also been downloading them previously to Divelog 5.0 which was showing temp logs.
I noticed that they stopped recording the temp logs on Divelog 5.0 at about the same time.
As I was using divelog 5.0 in an unpaid evaluation mode and it advised some features were blocked after 10 dives, I initially figured that it may because the feature was blocked.
I have just downloaded the DM4 again after much frustration, as explained in another post, and ALL the dives recorded from both devices have no temp recordings during the dive.

They do however have a before and after temp reading, so it appears they record in air, just not submerged.

Is this a function I need to turn on?

As mentioned, I have recordings showing temps from earlier dives when downloaded earlier. It has definitely been working, and I am unaware of any changes I may have made, especially considering both devices have stopped. I may have inadvertently done something to one, however I can't imagine inadvertently doing it to both.

Please advise ASAP what can cause this as while I am happy with the device if it was working correctly, I am fast becoming a non customer. If you couldn't get your software right, then I don't have a lot of faith you can get your firmware correct.

If it's my fault then I'm happy to apologise and renew my faith in Suunto.
If I have to send my devices back for warranty then I'll be quite concerned considering I have two that have the same issue.
If they have an issue and they need to be sent back, I'll be asking for full refund due to fault and looking at a different brand. I would however send them in for warranty if interim devices are supplied while being repaired.

Greig

---------- Post added May 11th, 2013 at 01:29 PM ----------

Another concern I have is it seems the DM4 can't differentiate between multiple devices and store the dives for multiple divers.
Am I supposed to have the software loaded multiple times on the one PC, or alternatively do I need to have multiple pc's with the software loaded on each to be able to store each divers dives separately?
If it won't store multiple divers then again I'll be forced to spend money on alternative software. It would be very shortsightedness on Suunto's behalf to presume there would be one diver in a family and you would be required to have a PC for each diver.

Greig,

I am unsure if the third party program you have been using (divelog) could be the reason for the temperature reading failure but is very well a possibility. If you have recently purchased these Zoops from an authorized dealer then this would be covered under warranty. You can locate the nearest Suunto service center from the link provided. Suunto Dealer Locator You can also go back to the dealer you purchased the computers from so they can send them in, but they definitely need to be evaluated by a service center.

As for DM4, there is a drop down menu at the top of the screen that you can select "gear" instead of "date". This will make DM4 differentiate between different computers. It will display the computer type and serial number.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

I have a similar question...

I have a Vyper... This one, however has never recorded any other than temp start and end.
I am using DM4 on a Mac.

In addition, DM4 is incredibly erratic in performance in will regularly freeze up, to the extent that I have to wait until the mous is active again. Slightly annoying.
I have a 3mth old MacPro

Chris, thanks for the reply.
The third party software is downloading, not uploading or making changes. That won't be it.
I have had some experience as I used to manufacture data acquisition systems with software similar, yet more advanced it seems than DM4, for Motorsport.
As mentioned, the temp is similar to the above post in that it records the temp before and after the dive, yet nothing during the dive.
Can you ask your service guys what is causing this please.
I'll be honest and say I'm not impressed with the product at this point in time. I'm happy with what it's supposed to do, however I want it to do it, and I don't want to be inconvenienced while you sort it out. I'll require replacements, or loaners, end of story. I'll contact the store I purchased them from and discuss it with them.

Hey Guys...I have a question about your issue with the Suunto devices. Is it that you just don't see the temperature recorded on the computer log when you download it into DM4? What about when you're actually diving? Does it show you what the temperature is during the dive?

BFRedrocks,

That is actually a good point that I forgot to ask. If these computers are displaying the correct temperature throughout the dive, then the issue very well could be DM4. Greilinda and Imla please let me know if this is the case?

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

I believe it is working while diving.
Pit doesn't download into either DM4 or Divelog 5.0
It did download originally when I first purchased them. In both DM4 and Divelog.
I have had to reinstall dm4 as the pc was reimaged, and I've had a lot of trouble doing that due to issues raised in the other threads. Now that I have DM4 again, I've downloaded all the dives again from both computers, and now none of the dives show temp during the dives, yet they did originally, then they both stopped around the same time, as though something in the firmware changed. I don't understand how that happened considering one only has 5 dives on it and the other has 11 dives.

Here's another suggestion. Instead of having cables with clunky attachment methods, set them up for Bluetooth download. Those cables seem very archaic, and Bluetooth would be as cheap as chips to add.

It is displaying correct temps during dive. So the issue most certainly is DM4 :D

DM4 is also lagging ALOT when used on a macbook pro.

greilinda,

If this is true, then the best route would be to send your computers in to an authorized Suunto service center for evaluation.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

Back
Top Bottom