Zero to hero Divemaster program in 30 days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So if you are only diving
Friday Night, Saturday all day, Sunday all day
how do you expect to get 60 dives in over 4 weekends? You'd have to do an average of 5 dives every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. From what I've gathered from other's posts here at SB the PADI OW training doesn't allow for that many dives in a day.

If you really wanted people to get off your back you'd should probably:
1) Improve the quality of your posts. Horrible use of punctuation, grammar, and paragraph structure.
2) Layout a complete course schedule detailing what would be done on every day of training. Doesn't have to be on this site but it should be on the website.
3) Improve the website, the colors and layout make it really hard to find useful information.

PADI Allows three training dives in a day. You can dive outside training. The DM Course only requires 50 hours of instruction. If a student is not able to log the dives for whatever reason then they can make it up. We are not charging by the dive we will spend as much time with a student that a student needs to pass. And we dive Nitrox not air the student gets a Nitrox cert right after open water. If anyone has any issues you are welcome to audit the class for free. If a student is in the water at 0600 and classroom is not over until 2100 it is possible.

The program is for students who are serious about diving. Look at the dive tables. We are not outside PADI standards. If student is not up to diving then we can go an extra weekend, no problem, no charge. A Candidate needs to have gotten the materials and studied them before they get in program, Just like the IDC, you should have your knowledge reviews done before you get to class. We encourage getting the bookwork done thru the PADI website and get all the knowledge reviews done before your session starts. But to call the program a JOKE with no knowledge of what is being done is very foolish.

Look folks, the purpose of the program is to go the extra mile, and start someone diving from day one with developing their skills to the highest level. That means starting in open water we leave nothing to chance, every skill is perfected. Someone commented on buoyancy, that should have been learned in the advanced course, not in DM. For those of you who are instructors, the brainless DM(s) are a product of your teaching, not PADI. The PADI DM is laid out very specific, when a student has to correct the instructor, the instructor needs to hit the books. We have had Navy Scuba Divers who know more than the instructor, the information is in the PADI material a person just needs to study it and restudy it like anything else. The program is not a Vacation. It is about study and Diving, nothing else. No time for the PUB. Anyone who says their are brainless DM(s) working at the resorts need's to look at the Instructors who trained them. By the standard it is a mentor relationship, and that is what we are doing, every bit of information we can give a student we will offer it.

I'm sorry but I still fail to see how you can pull this off.
First:
The 30 day program is everyday all day. 0700 until 2100 at night.
This doesn't leave any time to do dives outside of the class. This in turns implies that all dives will be done in the class. But if you are only diving three days out of the week how do you expect them to get the 60 dives in 30 days?

PADI Allows three training dives in a day. You can dive outside training.
But the number of dives required would mean they would either be diving an excessive amount or doing really short meaningless dives.

As I said before, if you really want people to take you seriously and get off your back then give a schedule.

J
I tell divers not to consider doing Advanced until they have 25 dives.

i think that's excessive. by the time you get 25 dives under your belt, the benefits of AOW are considerably lower. i'd say start thinking about it after about 8-10 (including your course dives)

ob. on-topic: i'm thinking that a DM course including professional-level resuscitation & emergency service techniques might be a good thing, and also think that if you dive for several hours *every day* for 60 days under the right guidance your buoyancy is actually going to get pretty good. i think DiveMedic has overestimated the ability of people to stay focussed for such long periods, though: being in the water at 6am and finishing classes at 9pm for a protracted period is just not feasible & not conducive to effective learning.

fwiw there are TAFE (technical college) marine tourism courses in some states of Australia which include PADI DM (from zero) and coxswain in the material (along with several other aspects of hospitality management, etc). the courses are a semester long but probably don't include much more supervised diving)

Last edited:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Welcome to ScubaBoard's Marketplace

It's a place to list your offerings and for others to ask specific questions about those offerings.

It's NOT a place to debate the relative merits of those offerings.

You are free to start a topic about the merits and failings of this kind of program in the appropriate forum area.

Thanks for sticking to the topic.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Welcome to ScubaBoard's Marketplace

It's a place to list your offerings and for others to ask specific questions about those offerings.

It's NOT a place to debate the relative merits of those offerings.

You are free to start a topic about the merits and failings of this kind of program in the appropriate forum area.

Thanks for sticking to the topic.

Done.
Zero to hero Divemaster program in 30 days - thoughts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom