Zena vs. Lazer for colder water diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rainer:
Does it have the same zipper in the front as the Zena? That's EXACTLY what most of the women I talked to HATED about the Zena. Um, not exactly comfortable for women with even normal sized breasts (at least according to them). If the Lazer has this, I *strongly* suggest that women give the Stiletto a chance! It's a very nice BC, for either a woman or man.

Gee, I'm a woman with generous sized breasts and I love my Zena. If anything, I think the corset is MORE comfortable due to it spreading the weight of my tank over my entire body instead of just my shoulders.

I would venture to guess that perhaps the ladies who found the Zena uncomfortable on their breasts didn't have the Zena adjusted or fitted properly. The biggest mistake I see people make is not pulling the corset down prior to tightening, thus having the bottom strap too high. The middle strap should be around your waist, the bottom strap nearer to your hips.

I agree though, for cold dry diving, the Zena wouldn't be your best choice and a LaZer or Stilleto would be much better.

I also have a generous chest as well and love my Zena!! I'm thinking I may need to switch out one of my pieces for a smaller size as I can't tighten down my BC enough and the straps are tightened all the way...

Hey DiveMaven...could you PM me? Would love to discuss this with you further...I've also PM'd Scott already. But I digress...

I like the Zena....the zippered front feels like a corset and provides SO much support to my back with the tanks and weights.

I tried on a LaZer this past weekend at Beneath the Sea. The one they had at the booth just happened to be my size too. Nice fit. I was never a Zena fan nor have I ever really liked any other women's BCD's, so I didn't have high expectations. Pleasantly surprised. I'm still taking extra good care of my 5yr old customized Scout in hopes that I get many more years out of it. It will be hard to get used to a thick cumberband with the pockets. But if I needed to get a new BC anytime soon, the LaZer would be at the top of the list. The only things I would change (and this is just my own personal fit issue) is to have the shoulder straps a little narrower and not set quite as close in over the chest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom