Zeagle Zena Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCheckman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I tried out a Zeagle Zena last night in the pool with my LDS. They had an XS which they let me try. I am 5'3 and approx 123lbs. I tried it with 6lbs and then 4lbs in the pool. What I found was that I felt like the tank and backplate was moving from side to side as I swam. We tightened the straps as much as they could be. I also felt like there was space between my back and the bottom of the BCD back. I don't know if I had a wrong fit or if this just isn't the BCD for me. I really wanted to love it. I was trying it out because up till now I have only used jacket styles and I wanted to move to something more travel friendly and one that make photographing underwater easier. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

I tried out a Zeagle Zena last night in the pool with my LDS. They had an XS which they let me try. I am 5'3 and approx 123lbs. I tried it with 6lbs and then 4lbs in the pool. What I found was that I felt like the tank and backplate was moving from side to side as I swam. We tightened the straps as much as they could be. I also felt like there was space between my back and the bottom of the BCD back. I don't know if I had a wrong fit or if this just isn't the BCD for me. I really wanted to love it. I was trying it out because up till now I have only used jacket styles and I wanted to move to something more travel friendly and one that make photographing underwater easier. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

I bought one of these for my girlfriend, who is quite fond of the lighter design, along with an optional Zeagle "lumbar pad," which can easily be attached to the BC -- which should also solve that gapping issue . . .

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 12.55.53 PM.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom