zeagle xplor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clavell

Registered
Reaction score
any info or experience with the zeagle xplor bcd. saw it advertised on the web from a dive shop in fla, but no mention of it elsewhere or on the official zeagle website. not much info about it on the dive shop website either, such as the weight of the bcd, etc. thanks

[-]It is kind of odd that[/-] Divers Discount Florida is the only one selling it. Maybe it's another one of those co-branded models like the Brigade that Scubatoys sells. My LDS also sells one called the Phoenix - it's a modified Stiletto. The Xplor looks to be built off an Escape with the zipmount added - maybe. If so, the Escape weighs 6.8lbs.

PM ScottZeagle here on Scubaboard, he's our(their) official manufacturer's representative.

Last edited:
Maybe it's another one of those co-branded models like the Brigade that Scubatoys sells. My LDS also sells one called the Phoenix - it's a modified Stiletto. The Xplor looks to be built off an Escape with the zipmount added - maybe. If so, the Escape weighs 6.8lbs.

You are absolutely correct, Steve!!!

Nice job!

Almost totally correct except Divers Direct doesn't sell the Xplor. Divers Discount Florida is the recipient of the exclusive with Zeagle. The vest is top of the line quality and offers the zip mount system like the Ranger LTD. It is unique and fully warranteed by Zeagle with their name on it. Therefore, it is not a private label but an exclusively made product for us.

Thanks for the interest. The vest has been tremendously successful and not a single complaint yet.

It's a Zeagle!

as far as details go, what does the xplor weigh in at compared to the escape. same bladder material or the heavier duty like the stiletto. like many others, i am working on downsizing, so to speak (ok, i'll admit i'm trying to lose weight too!), by slowly replacing my older original stuff with lighter, easier packing but dependable gear for warm water diving. so a BCD that might weigh 5 lbs versus 10 lbs and/or packs down smaller makes a difference to me if i'm working on getting everything into a carryon bag. same with the regs, computer, etc. i look forward to hearing from those who have dove with one of the xplors as well. cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom