Zeagle weight system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jrock1062

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone have a problem with the weights moving around in the Zeagle Ranger BC i have herd many good things about there BC but when i went to look at the Ranger I had a little hesitation based on the fact the weights can move around in the weight pockets is this an issue? or am I just over thinking the amount of movement the weights will have? Any recommendations for that or another back inflated BC would be appreciated THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP :D

jrock,

I dive a Zeagle Brigade(Ranger with smaller bladder) up here in Dutch Harbor, Alaska, and usually have it loaded with 28 pounds of lead (10 in each side of the ripcord pouches, 4 in each side on the tank weights), and have no problems with weight shifting.

I dive the same BC in tropical water (10 pounds lead), also no problem with weight shift.

You should put your weights inside of Zeagle's yellow weight thinggies, which help fill up the extra space inside, and are just rigid enough to keep the weights from shifting around. I use the same thinggies when diving wet or dry, no problem with putting less than their capacity inside of them. If I'm lazy and just jumping in the pool, I've put my weights in the weight pockets without the thinggies, and its usually not a problem, although there is a little bit of a noticeable shift. Without the yellow weight thinggies, smaller weights (1-2lbs) might be able to work their way out of the bottom of the pocket... maybe.

IMHO, the Ripcord system is one of the best designed systems for releasable integrated weights.

Let me know if you have any questions, or want to see some pictures to illustrate anything!

-B

I've put nearly 150 dives on my Zeagle Zena and have had weight varying from 16 pounds down to 4 pounds, never once feeling the weights shift in the pockets (without yellow thingies).

I put a lot of dives on a Ranger. I had no problems with them but I do recommend the yellow pouches. They make life a lot easier and if your using small weighs---1 or 2 lbers, they can slip out of the pocket without the yellow thingies. By the way, there are 2 sizes of the pouches. I had the smaller ones and never had need of any more room.

No issues either and I use the yellow weight pouches. My LDS through a pair in for free. They are narrow so they keep the weights in place well and are kind of rubbery so help prevent them from slipping around as well. I have use this with both hard and soft weights with out issue.

Another no problem here as well! The only time that I have heard of weights dropping out without the yellow thingies is when the weight was a torpedo shaped weight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom