Zeagle Ripcord - Mis-threading???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RussR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I just got back from a trip to Key Largo where I got to try out all my new gear. Everything was fine except on my first dive the integrated weight system failed and I lost the weight on one side. Luckily my dive buddy saw it and I finished the dive with the weight in my pocket.

Two dives later I felt a little off balance in the water and quickly realized the other pocket had failed - No luck finding the weight until I got back to the boat and saw it sitting on the entry platform.

I dove the rest of the trip with a weight belt.

Anyway when I first got the BC - a Zeagle Brigade I of course pulled the ripcord without first seeing how it was threaded now I have no idea.....

I rethreaded it when I got home and one pocket seems secure while the other comes loose when I push my fist in. The directions are useless too!

I am sure this is just my error and not a problem with the ripcord - Can some explain in detail how this should be re threaded?

Or maybe even send a sketch or picture?

Thanks in advance!!

After reading the manual, shoot me a PM if you need me to take pictures on how to do it.

It's really, really easy. Pretty much just pass each of the 4 nylon loops through 3 grommets, and pass the ripcord through the loops to keep it from pulling back out.

Again, if you need a hand, PM me and I'll get you photos ASAP. The manual makes it pretty clear though (Page 18).

-Brandon.

Can you say :11doh: ?

When I first got mine I was hesitant to pull the rip cord. After doing it once I thought, that is soooo easy. Loop of nylon cord through the grommet then the red cord through the loop. I would just about bet that this is the number one call that Zeagle gets.

After reading all these threads about the ripcord system, I just had to try it for myself. I carefully looked at how it was threaded on my Zena, then PULLED! Rethreading took maybe 3 minutes....so anyone who won't by a Zeagle because of the ripcord system has obviously never really looked at one.

DiveMe:
After reading all these threads about the ripcord system, I just had to try it for myself. I carefully looked at how it was threaded on my Zena, then PULLED! Rethreading took maybe 3 minutes....so anyone who won't by a Zeagle because of the ripcord system has obviously never really looked at one.

Can I put that up on the website??

:D

Actually, we get very few calls about re-threading the ripcord, but I (as well as the sales force) have dumped weights and re-threaded the things too many times to count...normally at trade shows now days...

That being said, if anyone has questions, please ASK. It is by far better to ask beforhand than to dive with it re-threaded improperly, as I'm sure you can imagine!!!

Dive safe,

Scott

The day my brand new Zeagle Brigade arrived, I was showing it to my non-diving wife. First thing she said was "what's this red handle for?" -ZZIIIIIIIIPP!!

Learned how to re-thread it before I got it wet! Couldn't have been easier.

Question about the ripcord on the Zeagle: Has anyone used it for their OW cert? If so, what did they do for the exercise on dumping weights? I had got my Zeagle Ranger while I was going though my OW. I still had the rental (with pull-out pouches) so I used that when we had to practice dumping out weights in the lake. Just curious.

ALSo, I can't seem to find the Lift info on my Rager... Zeagle-Scott (or anyone) do you know where I can find it?

Cheryl

Back
Top Bottom