Zeagle regulator - what is it and was it recalled?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manni-yunk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I picked up another Zeagle 1st and second to use on my pony. I found a Zeagle DS-V on ebay for a great price. When it arrived, I was surprised to see it labled (sticker inside 1st stage) as a DS-IV. I contacted the seller who claims that it is in fact a DS-V - and he spoke with Zeagle about it. He said that it was an early DSV and that it must have had the wrong sticker placed inside the label and that Zeagle confirmed for him that it was a V and not IV.

It DOES have 5 + 2 ports which the DSV has (as opposed to the 4 +2 on the IV) - but the serail number that is on it is
A001437 - Which seems to be one of the recalled serial numbers from the DS-IV series.

What the heck did I buy?????

(It also came with a Z second stage and Im not that financially into the whole setup. I could also still return them).

Thanks for any advice.

I bought a DSV on ebay, that had the DS-IV sticker in it, I contacted Jim Fox, the engineer at Zeagle and was told it was sold during the transition between the DS-IV and the DSV. The bottom line is that if it has 5 lp ports, it's a DSV. If you are concerned about the recall, (which I believe was a bad HP seat), just have it serviced and problem solved.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one of those DS-IV/DSV regs if I came across one, it's been one of my favourite regs to use on deep cold dives.

I bought a DSV on ebay, that had the DS-IV sticker in it, I contacted Jim Fox, the engineer at Zeagle and was told it was sold during the transition between the DS-IV and the DSV. The bottom line is that if it has 5 lp ports, it's a DSV. If you are concerned about the recall, (which I believe was a bad HP seat), just have it serviced and problem solved.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one of those DS-IV/DSV regs if I came across one, it's been one of my favourite regs to use on deep cold dives.

Thanks. I called and spoke with Jim Fox today. He was very helpful in explaining what had happened. Basically he said that they changed the reg to the include the 5 lp ports but didnt change the name - then they decided to change the name but already had some labeled as a DS-IV. He also said that there are some out there that have the I blacked out with marker - until they used up all of the old labels than got ones that said DSV.
He also said that my reg is identical to the new DSV's and told me how to assure that the HP seat was replaced after the recall from 2003.

Great service from Zeagle today!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom