Zeagle Ranger - Old Vs New Version

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

demisvmax

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I bought my secondhand Ranger from ebay and I am very happy with the purchase. The previous owner told me that BCD is four year old now but its condition is still immaculate. Last week I went for diving with a friend who has also a one year old Ranger and I have noticed that his BCD has two dump valves (i hope this is what they are called) and that is has the rear trim weight pockets as standard. Are there any other differences and are they that important? Apart from rear trim pockets, can I upgrade mine (retrofit more dump valves)? When the change in model occured? By the way I dove down to 61 feet as part of my AOW and the BCD was excellent.

Those are probably the main two changes.

The additional dump valves cannot be added to your bladder. You will either have to buy a new bladder or live with what you have.

The rear weigh pouches, however, can be added quite easily. They are part # 8051Z.

Thanks,

scott

Thanks for the early reply Scott! I already bought the rear weight pockets and I can't wait to use the BCD now to see If I will feel the difference.

Back
Top Bottom