Wanted Zeagle Ranger Jr.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn’t think they came in different sizes

I have a size XS for sale. My son is 13 and 5’5” and *just* grew out of it. Almost new, 5 dives on it, and in great shape.

Don't suppose this is still available
If you're looking for a kid's back inflate BCD, you might think about the Backplate and wing approach.... It will grow with them (about $10 to get new webbing when they outgrow where you trimmed it) and last roughly forever. A smallish wing (20lb or so), webbing and hardware (buckle, triglides, D-rings), 2 cam bands, and a plate.... small plates to suit a kid are the "hard" part. But a plate is just a flat panel with slots cut for straps.... for single tank the "standard" backplate channel is counterproductive (puts the tank further off your back, can make it less stable with a Singe Tank Adapter). I cut my own plates out of a $5 plastic cutting boards to start, and my kids (12 and 16) still prefer them over the aluminum plates I had cut:
mpv-shot0004 (2).jpgEricBPW.jpgLampShadeJunior.pngCuttingBoardTemplate.jpg

Left to right: My youngest when he was 11, My 16 y.o.'s rig assembled (version2 of the cuttingboard plate), him when he was 14 diving it, and version 3 cuttingboard backplate template.

Respectfully,

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom