Zeagle importer New Zealand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MuscleBob.Buffpants

Registered
Reaction score
Is there a Zeagle importer in New Zealand? I quite like the look of the Zeagle Brigade, but I can't find anyone who has one here that I can take a look at.

Cheers

So it is, I should read the website a bit better.

My other concern is with servicing/warranty considerations. I have no problem with buying gear from the US, but I am concerned that the servicing and parts required may not be readily available.

Maybe I can see a business opportunity here :crafty:

Musclebob
are you here in godzone???

if you are, join my push for a KIWI group.

apart from that, I have given up trying to buy anything retail in NZ. I even had to buy d=jeans online from the states. All I wanted was some 501's and I got them for less than half price after shipping.
I would reccommend the same for dive gear if you know exactly what you want.

You are not going to find smoked salmon caviar in Ngaruawahia, go to the dealer.

Just a question though. What are you looking for? a BPW or a harness or what? How much would you pay. If I import BPW how many would you want?

Hi Mark, yes, I am in Auckland.

I am only fairly new to this diving lark, so I don't want to look like I know a lot more than I do by going the whole BP&W way.

At the moment, the only gear I have found that I really like is the Knighthawk. The Zeagle seems to get nothing but good reviews from users so if I could get my hands on one then I might very well go that way instead.

I think that the whole halcyon et al full BP&W would be a bit much for someone with my limited experience.

The Brigade is a good price, even including shipping it is still around the $800 mark, which is a pretty good number for such a high spec piece of kit.

Cheers,
Bob

Bob.

I think you need to talk to Azza.

You dont need to go the whole HOG. certainly not the whole DIR GUE thing if you are a new diver, but as far as the BPW thing, read all the threads you can and go for it if you want.

As an Aucklander I have to admit that I was diving alone last weekend out at Tiri at 60 ft (approx as I didnt have a depth gauge and I did suck my tank dry). I did hae the first warning breaths, I stayed down until I collected another 20 scallops and I surfaced. Would I condone this type of diving to someone with only 12 dives??

NO

ABSOLUTELY NOT,

but if you are scared of getting good gear because of what NZ divers are telling you.. well get over it. I havent met a single diver here in NZ since I arrived nearly a year ago that I would do a cave or wreck penetration dive with.

If you go for BPW and a long hose, you will get VERY weird looks. People will go through the same stupid arguments that we see all the time here on the SB, Just look at what "the Lung" has gone through on "red devil divers" forum over the las few days.

I think hyou already know what the answer is.

Get the gear you want and dont worry what other people think, especially if they are morons, and most of them are...

Mark you are bad!

501's went out of fashion years ago....

Back
Top Bottom