Zeagle Flathead 6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

schu1842

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was looking at an ad for a used Zeagle Flathead 6. I know Apeks manufactured many of the Zeagle regulators and this looks like an Apeks TX 100. Anyone know if that is what it is? Thanks.

Hard to say. Zeagle sold Apeks once upon a time, yes, but they have a flathead of their own now that looks very similar but is a completely different reg.

The easiest way to tell them apart is by looking at the 2nd if it's there.- the old Apeks ones have a hard plastic cover with a little purge button in the middle with the Zeagle badge on it. The Zeagle ones have a soft cover with a large Z on it, but no button.

On the first, the later Zeagle version has a black trim band at the bottom which the Apeks version doesn't have.

They are both excellent regs, BTW.

schu1842:
I was looking at an ad for a used Zeagle Flathead 6. I know Apeks manufactured many of the Zeagle regulators and this looks like an Apeks TX 100. Anyone know if that is what it is? Thanks.

The newer fatter ones are Zeagle made. The older ones are like what scott said tall and skinnier with a Zeagle tag. (take a look at the second stage) If there is an Apeks "A" on the purge cover, it is Apeks made otherwise it is zeagle. Take a look at the shapes, not the names on the tags.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom