Zeagle Escape

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

badgers

Contributor
Reaction score
I just got my Escape.
Is there any web site that talks about fitting and tweaking this BC?

I am new to SCUBA and I want to make sure I don't over look something.

I kind of like the american flag patch:)

I'm not sure what you mean by tweaking but the BC comes with an ownners manual. If you were measured and the correct size BC was purchased there shouldn't be much to fitting it. Do you have a specific question?
Mike

there are three straps for the tank.
the owners manual does not give enough detail for my specific BC.

Also, I got a retractor for holding my guage/computer and I figured I would connect it to my right hand side.
I am not sure exactly where most peple connect it and was looking to see what others are doing.
also where do you connect your octo to?

Badger...I have a Zeagle Concept BC and I'm not sure how similar yours is to it but....I clip my gauges to my right shoulder D-ring. Since this crosses your body, you'll have to remember to unclip it before you remove your BC but in the water it allows me to see my gauges better. I also use a retractable for this.

I don't have a conventional octo. Mine is an Octo+ on my inflator. But there should be a small plastic D-ring on the bottom of your BC on the right side. That's where I clip of a regular octo when I use one in classes.

badgers,
When I get to the shop I will look at a Escape and get back to you with some ideas.
Mike

thanks for the help

I've been thinking of getting an Escape -- both because back buoyancy makes sense to me and because most of the diving I will be doing, perhaps all, will involve traveling to the diving location via an airline. The Escape is light weight and easy to pack, I understand.

How do you like it so far, and what made you decide on it?

:D

How do you like it so far, and what made you decide on it?
I just got it so I can't tell you how well it has performed.

I decided on it because of forum's like this one.

I was between the balance and the escape. My local dive shop is hard core tech and they loved the zeagle brand but they were rangers and tech style. PS(if you want a ranger or a tech I can get you a link to a great deal)

Two people emailed me who had both the balance and the escape. They both voted escape hands down.

At this point in time I am not ready to be a tech diver. Frankly, tech divers scare me. I am out to have a fun, relaxing time. Call me a sissy. I like 70 feet and above, I like warm water, I like not needing to deco(but I will spend 5 min at 20' anyway)

I like light weight simple BC's. I can't comprehend what people do with all those D rings anyway.

I am a one tank kind of guy, I like big tanks becuase I suck air but one tank is enough for me.

I chose the escape because it seemed to be well made, well respected, and simple.
maybe as I get more experience I will get a more advanced BC but for now I think that the escape is my speed:)

badgers,
Last night I looked at an Escape. I wanted to look before I spoke. Our Escapes only have two tank straps. One is a cam strap the other is just velcro so I don't know how you could have three tank straps. I guess I'm not being much help, all questions and no answers.

I don't know if all three are for tanks but one has a cam, the other has a plastic "snap" and the third is just kind of velcro.

I will try to get a digital picture and post it.

Back
Top Bottom