Zeagle DSIV question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrdiver

Reaction score
I'm a new diver and have just aquired my first regulator setup, a Zeagle DSIV (DIN)/ZX second stage/Envoy Octo/Dive Rite SPG. I saw a picture of what I thought was this regulator in a magazine, attached to a tank and worn by a diver. It appeared that the plastic 'cap' of the first stage (where the Zeagle name is located) was facing 'up' while the first stage was attached to the tank valve. Is this the correct position of the first stage, or is it the other way around (plastic cap facing down) or does it even make a difference? All replies welcomed. :)

As far as reg function it makes no difference. It can effect hose routing and where it sits behind your head. With a single outlet valve my Zeagle faces down (by your def). With an H-valve or with my doubles they are sideways. Don't pay too much attention to the magazines.

As a zegle tech I can tell you exactly what zeagle recomends
They want you to run cap down so if you are to run into something you do not run the risk of injuring the plastic

To those that replied, my sincere thanks for your considerate replies...It's such a rewarding feeling to post a question here and get super-useful feedback from knowledgable divers..As always, dive safe...:eek:ut:

To those that replied, my sincere thanks for your considerate replies...It's such a rewarding feeling to post a question here and get super-useful feedback from knowledgable divers..As always, dive safe...:eek:ut:

Back
Top Bottom