Zeagle DIN converter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's not clear what you mean by the DIN converter. If it's an adapter that you screw on a DIN reg to be able to use it on a yoke tank then yes it will fit as the DIN is the same,

If you are talking about actually converting a Yoke reg to a DIN reg by replacing the whole (yoke nut with yoke assembly) then no it will not work as Apeks uses metric threads whereas Zeagle uses imperial.

It's not clear what you mean by the DIN converter. If it's an adapter that you screw on a DIN reg to be able to use it on a yoke tank then yes it will fit as the DIN is the same,

If you are talking about actually converting a Yoke reg to a DIN reg by replacing the whole (yoke nut with yoke assembly) then no it will not work as Apeks uses metric threads whereas Zeagle uses imperial.

This is spot on. The DIN to Yoke adapter (seen here) is universal because it uses the threads on the DIN fitting, which are standard. The conversion kit which would permanently switch a DIN fitting to a Yoke fitting is specific to each manufacturer, however.

To clarify, replacing the yoke fitting with a DIN fitting, isn't all that "permanent."

You can easily change it back and forth in five minutes. And that includes the time searching for your wrenches.

I dive DIN at home, but if I travel somewhere that only uses yoke, it's a quick change while packing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To clarify, replacing the yoke fitting with a DIN fitting, isn't all that "permanent."

You can easily change it back and forth in five minutes. And that includes the time searching for your wrenches.

I dive DIN at home, but if I travel somewhere that only uses yoke, it's a quick change while packing.

Thank you for clarifying this.

Where would one purchase this kit to convert my flathead VI DIN set up to a yoke set up? I now use an adapter when diving a yoke tank, and it constantly bangs me in the back of the head.

Where would one purchase this kit to convert my flathead VI DIN set up to a yoke set up? I now use an adapter when diving a yoke tank, and it constantly bangs me in the back of the head.

Any Zeagle dealer should be able to do you right. Try ScubaToys if you don't have any luck locally.

That is available and in stock and you can order from Zeagle's oldest and biggest dealer at www.zeagleexpress.com
Or make a phone call.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom